Chapter Thirty

Regardless of Grenada's first place, the most number of votes still went to 50/50. Rockhard stated that some pro heroes might be hesitant to intern an aggressive and scary student which I think does make sense. As for me, I had the third most number of votes, just right for my place. But still, I'll be interning with Papa along with Esqueleto. But what really shocked me was that Broccoli-chan had no votes at all. I suppose it's because some heroes doesn't know how to help him with his destructive quirk if he doesn't even know how to control it.

Anyway, right now, we're picking our codenames. Uncle was now free of his bandages and just sleeping on his yellow sleeping bag while Midnight-san is helping us pick our names.

First was Sparkly's sentence—I mean, hero name. "I can not stop twinkling!" Pretty much him. Midnight-san just shortened it to 'Can't stop twinkling' though.

Second was Pinky. "Alien Queen!" But Midnight-san said that it sort of reminds her of that alien monster from a movie so she had to think of another name.

More of us came to the front and some of them got rejected at their first try. I'm still just sitting here and just daydreaming. But—

"King Explosion Murder!" Man, that took me out of Lala land.

Fits him quite well.

Some of the others, more specifically: Richboi-kun, Broccoli-chan and 50/50 stuck by their first name; nickname for Broccoli-chan's case.

While the others was still thinking, I decided it was time for me to present mine.

I went to the front without shame and placed the white board on the desk with pride.

"Archangel: Gabriel!" I stated with a bright smile that literally blinded some of my classmates. Papa was the one who suggested the name when I was younger; asking him about his hero name and what should mine be. "Oh! The messenger of God, eh?" I nodded with a close-eyed grin. "Good choice! Also follows after your father's heritage!"

Why not Lucifer?

I smiled and went back to my seat with a skip and ignored Luci's question, feeling too giddy that Papa's name choice was approved without second thoughts.

I peeked over to see what Grenada was angrily writing and couldn't help but sweatdrop.

"Lord Explosion Murder"

Then I saw Esqueleto going in to the front with a shy smile that he directed to me. My eyes almost bulged out at what he wrote. My grin once again appeared as he presented his hero name.

"Esqueleto!"

Simply put, I almost never felt so appreciated. He had used the nickname I gave him. I leaned more on my desk and observed him with a grin. The dust of red on his cheeks weren't that visible due to his skin color but with my keen eyes, I could still see it.

"Suave! I like it!" She cracked her whip as she commented, making him grin and pump his fist enthusiastically. He went back to his seat beside me but not before giving me a high five.

"Lovin' your nickname too much, Esqueleto?" I teased, noticing the red hue coming back to his cheeks as he just grinned and nodded.

Now that I looked closely...

"Hey, I didn't know you had freckles?" Specks of darker brown scattered on his red cheeks, making him look even younger.

I leaned closer to his face and inspected it even more when suddenly, I was pulled back down to my own seat by a rough hand.

I looked at Grenada with confused eyes, wondering why he pulled me down, momentarily forgetting about Esqueleto. But before I could ask him, he stood up with his board in hand, ignoring my curious gaze and walked to the front to present his 'new' codename.

"Lord Explosion Murder!"

How refreshing.

I know right.

"Rejected!"

Soon enough, all of us had picked our hero names and another one ended up going with the nickname I gave them.

"Pinky!"

"Now that's more like it!"

Grenada still hadn't picked his and I was about to playfully suggest the nickname I gave him until Midnight-san gave us a stop.

Grenada does sound a lot better than King Explosion Murder and Lord Explosion Murder. GRAHAHAHAHAHA!

Then I suddenly thought of something, the realization hitting me like a ton of bricks.

If Esqueleto's interning with us, then he'll see my fallen state! Shit, is that alright? Luci, help me out here!

So what? The boy likes you. He won't care about that.

I guess so. I mean, he thinks of me as a friend, he should be able to accept me, right? Do I straight up just tell him that or let him find it out himself?

And he'll see Papa's fallen state too! Did Papa think this through? He did say that we'll be training my Lucifer at the internship. He must of somehow trust Esqueleto to keep this. If Papa trusts Esqueleto, then I should too. Papa always knows what's best for us. I shouldn't worry too much. Esqueleto's a good person and a great friend.

Wouldn't it be unfair if you didn't tell dear Chako?

Oh yeah, thanks for that. I'll tell her after the internship. I pray that she'll be able to accept it with a bright smile, telling me that it was alright. I don't want to lose her by scaring her away with you. No offense, Luci.

None taken.

*TIME SKIP*

"Ready for the inte—GEH!"

I was interrupted as a familiar hand, once again, latched itself into my wrist and roughly pulled me behind a pillar, hidden from everyone's sights. My head bumped into his chest quite hard as he tried to steady me.

Before I could even speak, he had already began. "Pick your damned phone up if you're ever into some shit, got me, Midget?" He asked me intimidatingly that should have sent shivers into my spine if I wasn't me. The glare he's wearing is really contradicting his words, not masking his concerns enough.

I merely grinned and placed my hands on his that were resting on my shoulders. "Concerned for your little soulmate, Grenada?" I teased, standing at the tip of my toes, wrapping my arms and wings around us and leaning close to his face that should have made him flustered but instead, he surprised me by gently leaning his forehead against mine with a tired sigh, shutting his eyes.

"Just shut the fuck up and do as I say, Tenshi." His breath tickled my hot cheeks as he spoke gruffly with a whisper. I was just so startled that I could only muster a small 'sure' with a quivering voice and a reddening face. The fact that he said my name and not the damned nickname had once again started a festival in my stomach.

What a sweet tsundere.

Why do you keep ruining these sweet moments of mine.

I simply smiled and tilted my head up, letting the tip of my nose touch with his, leaving our lips only a few centimeters away as I gazed softly at his now half lidded eyes, taking in the deep crimson that usually held anger and irritation.

"Sure thing, Bakugo..."

I was the first to pull away from our embrace, setting him free from my hold. I stepped away and took in his calm appearance one last time before going back to Esqueleto who I heard was searching around for me, dramatic tears running down his cheeks as he yelled my name.

We boarded the train towards Hosu. Papa is there for the week 'cause Endeavor-san asked for his presence. He somehow trusts Papa to an extent and Papa holds that proudly to his heart. It was fairly obvious that Endeavor-san wears his pride on his sleeves and it takes more than enough to gain his respect.

"Tenshi. Kokkaku."

Woah, okay. I did not expect him to be here too.

"50/50?"

______________________________________

cutie_booseoksoon30