Chapter Forty-eight

As soon as I finished this drawing that took me seven hours, I felt proud. Then I looked at it again, I felt disappointed. I really need to find my art style and practice more, ugh.
______________________________________

While Hikari was listening to Aizawa scold and advise her other classmates, Luci was just doing imaginary stretches and cutting his sharp nails off to avoid injuring her if he comes back to her body full throttle. It was proving ineffective though. It just kept growing back. He sighed disappointedly, pouting at his black nails.

"Hikari, you try that four minutes again while trying to maintain focus on your light sword. Luci is just bumping heads with you if you don't keep your quirks balanced."

Pixiebob then proceeded to announce the inter-class test of courage. Of course, not being a fan of these activities, Hikari perked up at the sound of that, looking at the other class in curious excitement. Her smile was quickly wiped off once she saw Monoma's scowling face though and she turned blank before she moved her gaze to somewhere not Monoma.

After a grueling day of training, night time came and before they got out to do the test of courage, Hikari took her sweet time to chat with her beloved father on the phone.

"Papa! We're doin' the test of courage with the other class! Do you remember when we used to go out to the woods at night to search for night crawlers and have races?"

"Well, of course I do! You sucked ass! Haha!"

"Oh, shut up!" She laughed back.

Their blabbering came to a stop when Uraraka dragged her out of the girls' room with an excited grin.

"Oh, it's starting! Byebye, Papa! I love you!"

"I love you too, Kiddo! Byebye!!!"

She straightened her tank top and patted her shorts as she went out the room, leaving her cell phone behind since she didn't trust herself to not drop it amidst of a scare.

The moment she walked out the room, an unsettling feeling grew in her stomach. She sighed, knowing that it was because it was her first time doing the test of courage. She wasn't exactly the bravest kid in the class, and she knows it. And lookie here, she was partnered with Kokkaku again! Bakugo just looked ready to snap at them.

"Bonehead, switch with me!" He exclaimed at the bone manipulator, pointing at Todoroki to emphasize his point.

Kokkaku peeked at Todoroki, who only gave him a thumbs up. He smirked back at the emotionless boy, knowing full well it was his intention to annoy Bakugo with all his power.

"But Aizawa-sensei already assigned us?" He questioned with mock innocence, shrugging his shoulders in a nonchalant way and his golden eyes just screamed, "suffer, bitch".

Bakugo fumed at that and turned to Hikari to protest, but given her teasing smirk, he decided to shut his mouth. Still, it was futile.

"Aww! You want me? To become your partner, dear Grenada? I'm flattered, but—"

"Shut the hell up!" He cut her off with a red face, hearing her laugh at him. He just gave up and went to Ojiro to switch but also ended up getting denied.

Hikari snickered and cupped her hand around her mouth. "Rejection hurts, doesn't it?!" She screamed at him, only receiving an angry curse and a middle finger from him. She chuckled and gave a high five to Kokkaku who held his hand high.

They were the sixth pair, just after Uraraka and Asui. After the the girls departed, they were next.

Really, only Hikari jumped at all the frights that were thrown at her. She clutched the fabric of Kokkaku's tank top, making him laugh.