Chapter Sixty-five

Just Chika absolutely destroying Ishigami's head. Nothing special.
______________________________________

"You two are lucky to have gotten off with house arrest..! I suppose that means we'll be attending the opening ceremony without you and Tenshi-kun, then!"

As Iida blurted out Hikari's name, the two males froze, more specifically, Bakugo.

"Hah? What's wrong with Midget?" He questioned, his blood still rising high from all the gossip that's going on about their fight.

"Hi-Hikari.. Hikari had trouble.. sleeping last night, and Aizawa-sensei excused her for today." Uraraka answered solemnly, remembering all the noise and banging she heard from her best friend's room late at night as she called All Might over, not knowing what to do with a panic attack actually happening.

The moment she heard loud noises, it made her suspicious and concerned, knowing that the little angel wasn't in the best condition and mindset as of now.

Bakugo remained silent and continued cleaning, ignoring Midoriya's expectant gaze at him.

"I see, then we'll make sure to take care of her today! Right, Kacchan?"

He only received a huff and a mutter of "whatever" from the ash blonde, but that was all it took for him to know he was concerned about the girl just as much as him, if not, more.

At first, when he didn't know they were soulmates, he figured that the girl somehow managed to just worm her way into his softness and managed to make him her friend. But even then, their little stare offs and little tugs of something invisible made him suspicious. It only furthered his curiosity when he saw them signing to each other in a calm demeanor and he could sense a lighter aura around his childhood friend. That was when he figured she wasn't just his friend. Possibly more. But he never thought she'd be his soulmate.

From all the thinking he'd been doing, he didn't notice the fact that a devil just came dashing out of somewhere and going to the fridge before dashing away again, carrying a bottle of cold water in his hand.

Luci knocked on her door, letting her know he was back already before he opened it without her permission though he knew she wouldn't answer.

After getting inside her room, he closed the door and quietly walked towards her direction, setting down the bottle of cold water in her table near her bed to make sure she sees it after she wakes up.

Even if she was unconscious, he found out he could go out of her body but for no more than two minutes because it was without consent. He was about to go back inside her body until a knock interrupted him.

Automatically, he opened it, already knowing who the person behind the door was before he instantly went back to her body when his two minutes ended.

The blonde walked inside her room, taking in all the details she did until his gaze landed on her ink strained cheeks. He walked to her bed, choosing to sit next to her curled frame with her wings tightly wrapped around her body like a cocoon.

Carefully, he brushed a stray strands off her face, tucking it behind her ear. She was back to being the devil and her fine horn sprouted out once again.

He frowned.

Unlike before, he didn't catch her having those attacks this time. Instead, he was gone and away, fighting with his childhood friend. He wasn't there for her this time. And it made him loathe himself again. Why was it that they had to coincide with their problems?

He knew she was suffering from her father's death, and he knew she hadn't moved on just from it yet. He saw her look so sad yesterday, yet why didn't he do anything about it? Why was he such a cowa—

"Katsuki... Why do you look so sad..?"

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a quiet and tiny voice. He placed his gaze on her blueing eyes, his mouth hanging slightly agape but he clenched it real tight. He searched for her hand under her wing and grasping it tight in his hold once he found it.

"Idiot.. I should be the one asking you that..."
______________________________________

"Alright, aside from the internship, we need to talk about another thing. Who here is the closest to Hikari?" Aizawa asked his whole class, only to have all their eyes fixated on the two teens who were always stuck to her side. And they stood up without hesitation.

"Uraraka, Kokkaku, you two, come with me. The rest of the class, continue on with English class with Mic."

As they walked out, they headed to the teacher's office where no one was currently there with the exception of them.

Uraraka knew what he was going to talk about with them, but Kokkaku didn't, and was panicking since he wasn't listening earlier and had just stood up when Kirishima had tapped him on the arm, instinctively standing up as he met the gaze of his teacher.

"Uraraka, you know what this is about, right?"

"Yes, sensei!"

"And you, Kokkaku, you kno—"

"I'M SORRY FOR WHATEVER I DID BUT I DIDN'T DO IT SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME!"

Argh, seriously, he's all serious and deadly during hero activities but he really was an airhead during class BUT still managed to be one of the top-scorers. It was a wonder, really.

Aizawa only face palmed at the apology and heaved a tired sigh.

"How troublesome... No, you didn't do anything. This is about Hikari."

Kokkaku, after hearing the name of his little sister, immediately straightened up with a serious expression.

"What's the problem, sir?"

The teacher could only sweat drop at the mood change of his student but answered anyways.

"She had a panic attack just last night. And I expect you two to go and comfort her as her friends. She needs it. A lost puppy could only be happy when someone takes her in once again."

Uraraka nodded and Kokkaku spoke, straight up ignoring how their teacher basically called Hikari a puppy.

"Even without orders, sensei, we'll automatically be there for her."

"What he said, sensei!"

Aizawa nodded and suppressed a small smile, happy that the most socially awkward little girl he met long ago had such nice friends that will always support and help her get back up to her feet. Tomorrow, she can come back to class.

"Uraraka, fill her in with the details about today but don't tell the boys."

"Understood!"
______________________________________

"C'mon, girl... In... Out..."

"In..."

"Out..."

"In..."

"Out..."

"In.. why.. is breathing.. such a difficult task now..?"
______________________________________
A little short but you'd have something in the next chapters.

I was drawing and someone told me they wanted a villain version of Hikari so I got excited and started painting. I thought to myself, how the fuck did I not even think of that yet? I wanted to see it for myself and yeah. Who knows, maybe you'll see my Villain!Hikari next chapter. Apparently, it's my excuse to try another art style which is semirealism.

Good days and happy reading.

cutie_booseoksoon30