Chapter Twenty

Our basic hero training was then made for us to practice for the sports festival again which I'm truly grateful for. It gave me more time to think and make up some more strategies for each and every one of my classmates.

Right now, Pinky, Chako, Esqueleto and I are training together—once again. Chako lifts up some debris while Pinky, Esqueleto and I try to hit them with our quirk. Pinky of course, used her acid, Esqueleto used his bullet bones while I try to hit as much as possible with my exploding needles.

Yep, all the same like other days.

One...

Two...

Three...

Ten...

Ah shit. My needles are all out.

"Great job, you two!" I heard Chako cheer us from behind, sounding slightly exhausted. She used too much of her quirk. She might hurl right about...

"BLURGHHH!"

Now.

"Rest up, Chako. My quirk can't heal fatigue." I gave her a smile and walked over to her, making sure to avoid the puddle of rainbow. Pushing her away, I tried to wrap my arms around her and flapped my wings.

"Wait for me, Pinky, Esqueleto!" I just received a grin and a thumbs up.

Alright, first try for flying with another person. I'm not as nervous because I tried lifting some boulders, but no doubt, humans are much harder to lift...

Man, all of this gives me a feeling of deja Vu.

Thankfully, I successfully flew her to the same spot with little to no problem and gave her an extra water bottle to freshen up. "You're improvin' greatly, love. I feel embarrassed now." I gave her a grin and patted her back gently as she gulped down large amounts of water, almost finishing the bottle instantly.

"Thanks, Hika—"

"Midget! You better not be slackin' off! I'll kill you if you don't come at me with all you've got!"

Oh, Grenada! I'm really lovin' your concern right now but please, don't just call out to me like that, you're making me embarrassed.
Thankfully, I wore my hearing aids this time and not forget it at my drawer.

"Oh look, she's all flustered!" I could feel her smirking at me even though I'm looking away from her.

"I ain't slackin' off! I'm just helpin' Chako rest up!" I yelled back to him as he's too far. Doesn't his vocal cords get damaged from too much yelling? Mine already does.

And with that, I gave her a last nod and flew back to Pinky and Esqueleto. 

"C'mon! Let's go see who else we could train with." I grabbed their hands and started dragging them anywhere.

*TIME SKIP*

"C'mon, kiddo! You can do this!"

I continued on keeping my light energy at bay, having a hard time at doing so while also trying to absorb the sadness coming from the direction of our neighbor.

Ugh, why are they always fighting at night?

I kept on doing this for five minutes until I got too exhausted and collapsed flat on my stomach, wincing as my breast hit the grass a little too rough. "Guhh... I'm beat... How do you do this so easily?" I asked as I panted for air desperately.

"Once you trained for months, it'll be just like breathing. But since you also inherited you mother's light quirk, you'll be having a harder time."

Ugh... It's so obvious but it makes sense. How long did he even try to master this? Oh God, help me through my journey to hell. Literally.

"Alright, I'll just carry you to your room like every night." He snickered at that. I simply laughed and weakly smacked his arm before letting him carry me back. "After I set you to your bed, prepare your ears and brain cause I'm gonna teach you more. And also your stomach for another meal of katsudon!" I just nodded my head and groaned. I almost started salivating once he mentioned my favorite dish.

True to his words, he immediately started talking after setting me down. "The first time that Lucifer had shown himself to me was when I was eight years old. A villain attack occurred that night. Blood soaked my wings too, ya know?" I perked up at that and eyed him curiously. He smiled at my curiosity and continued. "It was mom's blood."

Hearing that, I let my wings wrap around me, not wanting to imagine the scenario.

"The chaos that's happenin' back then, so much negative emotions were flowin'. Fear, despair, grief and most of all, malice. You felt that too, right?" I nodded numbly, once again remembering Uncle's blood staining  my hands and wings. "I absorbed most of those emotions. It felt horrible having those damned emotions weighing down your back." Papa... He felt the same thing...

"Thankfully, mom lived. That was enough to get my light back." Without noticing it, I started petting my feathers, trying to make myself comfortable. "The seven deadly sins: Wrath, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Avarice, Lust and Pride. We must accept it all in order to control this power." The only sin I've felt was wrath... Did he feel all of those?

"The time I accepted all my sins was when I was twenty-three." Shit, took him fifteen years to master this?!

Lucifer... This quirk...

Is too dangerous.

"Once you master this quirk, he'll be the most formidable ally you'll ever have on your side."

I need to control it. I have to. I can't risk anyone getting hurt with it. Especially Chako.

"Rest now, kiddo. Tomorrow's a big day." He's right.

Tomorrow's the sports festival. I need to get my shit together. Keep Lucifer at bay. Control him. Master him. The sins... Do I have to suffer all of those? How do I accept them? No, with my light quirk, I should be able to accept them while pushing them away at the same time.

Oh wait...

"H-Hey, Papa?"

"Hmm?"

Oh shit uh, this is gonna be awkward...

"H-How am I gonna deal w-with.. 'ya know? ...L-Lust?" He probably went through memory lane cause he just turned tomato right in front of me. "Geez, kiddo. All that explainin' and I get asked by that one question?" He shakily ran a hand through his hair while he tried to cover his red face.

Shit, this is too awkward.

He does realize that I'm gonna go through that too, right?

"I-I... P-Please don't deal with it too soon."

Welp, looks like the petals gonna fall much earlier than we expected, fellas.

"Soo... You had me when you were.. what? Twenty-two to twenty-three years old?" He just turned away and nodded.

Man, Lucifer. You really are dangerous.

______________________________________

cutie_booseoksoon30