Chapter Fifty-seven

Yeah, no picture for today. Memes  won't really suit the chapter right now.
______________________________________

They gathered outside the dorm. Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, Iida, Midoriya, Todoroki, Kokkaku, Uraraka, her and Asui.

What was going on, she didn't know. She just wanted to go and feel the comfort of her soulmate's arms around her. She just wanted to talk to him.

"Tsuyu has something to say to you all."

Hikari only nodded and glanced at Asui who had an obvious expression of guilt.

"I.. always say what's on my mind no matter what. But there are times where I had no idea what to say. Do you all remember back at the hospital?"

No, Hikari didn't. She had already fainted by then if she remembered. But she let the girl continue, hearing little cracks here and there. Each word of hers felt like she was breaking more and more. Why was she breaking?

"Even though I sympathized with you guys, my choice of words were really severe. But when I heard this morning that you all actually went through it, I was shocked beyond belief."

Hikari felt out of place. She shouldn't be here. Kokkaku may be needed here since he was originally awake and conscious at that time, but she wasn't. And she still had no idea what was going on.

"I was frustrated at my own cowardly behavior which manifested itself as trying to stop you all... And so many negative feelings were welling up inside me."

She saw tears welling up the girl's eyes. Was it bad that she wasn't feeling bad at all? Sure, she felt that Asui had her reasons, but she wasn't included in that. And to top it all, what Asui was feeling..

It was too little compared to Hikari's own hungry demons.

"I had no idea what I could even say to you guys... And I just couldn't have fun chatting with you all like nothing happened... But that made me really sad."

Tears now dripped from her eyes, and Hikari wasn't sure what to do. She said she was sad. So what was Hikari feeling? Anger? Loneliness? Depression? She knew it wasn't right to put her own emotions first, but why is it so hard to not feel a little irritated? Hikari wasn't perfect. No, she was far from it. Part of her was jealous that Asui got comfort, but no. She needed to push the jealousy aside and instead, try to comfort her as much as possible.

"We thought, we should all just laugh it off together, and give it our all or something like that!" Uraraka cheered with a bright smile, completely contrasting Hikari's deep frown.

Hikari gritted her teeth and breathed out a forced sigh. She clenched her fists and closed her eyes, feeling the weight of the words settle inside her with much wrongness. Her head throbbed, and it was only getting worse. She too, wanted to say something. But she shouldnt. She'll hurt Asui even more. And Uraraka's hopeful expression, she couldn't bring herself to wipe that off her face. But then again, was she too insensitive?After all, how could she just laugh it off? The heart is where emotions come from.. Her heart was covered in chains and locks, and she didn't know where all its keys were. So.. how could she?

For the first time, she spoke her feelings and it caught their attention successfully.

"I.. I don't think I could laugh it off... I.. don't know how.. because Papa's not here to teach me... So.. I'll just leave because.. I'd feel even more guilty that I can't have the same amount of sympathy as you... so just... I'm sorry to hear that."

Wordlessly, she walked away with her wings slumped and dragged behind her. She ignored their calls of her name, feeling the desperation for her soulmate's warmth rising once again.