Chapter Twenty-four

"Tenshi-san, there you are!"

I was eating some takoyaki that an old man kindly let me have for free with Esqueleto and the next thing I knew, I was now dressed in a collar cheerleading shirt and skirt with some pompoms.

"Eh?"

And our class's girls are all gathered up in the sidelines of the field, all of us wearing the same outfit.

"What?"

"Aizawa-sensei wanted us to cheer our boys so he had us dressed up as che—"

"Woah there, Fancy-chan. Who told you this?" I already have a feeling on who.

"Mineta-kun. Why?" Oh sweet child of mine, so naive, so gullible...

"Remind me to punish him later but for now, let's just cheer for a bit then we can change." I just patted her shoulder, not really having the height to reach her head. "Why am I always caught up in Mineta-kun's schemes?" She cried dramatically and fell down the ground, earning her more pats on the back.

I shamelessly eyed Chako and smirked, going over to her. "Chako~, lookin' hot there, love." I pushed my cheek onto hers as she blushed and pouted.

"What's wrong, Class 1-A?! What kind of fanservice is that?!" Mic exclaimed with a an obvious amount of amusement and shock.

I was about to say something until someone kindly interrupted me.

"Oi! Midget! What the hell are 'ya wearing?! Change back! You ain't gonna fight me with those monstrosities!" Aww, he cares!

"Yes sir!" I grinned and raised a pompom up in the air, purposely annoying him before skipping back to the changing room and dragging Chako with me.

I sighed dreamily and rested my chin on my hand, my heart and wings fluttering a bit. "Did 'ya hear that, Chako? He cares!" I sighed once again, melting on the spot only to receive a sweatdrop and giggle from her.

"Whatever flaps your wings, Hikari."

I didn't pay mind to it as I continued on changing, humming an upbeat tune—wait. What the hell am I doing? I should be focusing on the festival! Not him. Bad Hikari. Bad! You gotta beat him! You can't beat him with all these dumb thoughts flooding your mind!

I slapped my cheeks that earned me a confused glance from her.

"Chako." I called out, going back to serious mode once again which caught her attention. She gave me a confused glance as she changed into her tracksuit. "If we ever fight each other, let's both do our best. And no negative feelings if we lost, alright?" She just smiled and went over to my direction, hugging my small frame to hers. "Of course. A girl's friendship is strong too, you know?" Thank God...

"Hopefully, we don't fight each other." I grinned at her statement and wrapped my arms and wings around us.

Chako... You don't know how precious you are to me.

"By the way, Chako. I saw Broccoli-chan gaping at you earlier. Ain't that cute?" I just got a smack in return because of that.

*TIME SKIP*

Oh, it's me versus Esqueleto. And...

Chako versus Grenada...

Welp, Good luck with Grenada, Chako.

"Chako, give it your all! Just do your best!" I cheered and patted her back. She smiled and gave me a head pat despite her nervous sweat rolling down her temple. "You too, Hikari! Say my good luck to Kokkaku too!" Nodding, I went to the field and thought of various plans to defeat Esqueleto. Friend or not, he's goin' down.