Chapter Thirty-five

The fight with Stain-san had ended and we were now at the hospital. After he had licked my blood, my body had involuntarily shut itself down, forcing me to faint and rest.

Police told us that the credit for capturing Stain-san would go to Endeavor-san with the support of Papa. It made me slightly upset but I understood. If it hadn't, then people would assume that unlicensed heroes are allowed to use their quirks without supervision.

I inspected all their injuries, feeling bad that my quirk wouldn't be enough to heal them all. Broccoli-chan had the usual injuries. Richboi-kun was alright, compared to Broccoli-chan. He did receive a stab though. 50/50... I don't know. I didn't really listen much. Esqueleto had two broken ribs.

Apparently, after I had been knocked out, Stain-san delivered a harsh fist into his ribs, breaking two of them.

Then I examined mine. I mean, not that I could examine my nape, but still. Then, I just realized it.

"AHH!"

Three of them jolted and looked at my horrified face and the other stared blankly. My eyes became teary, my cheeks reddened and my lips trembled.

"T-Tenshi-san?! Are you hurt?!"

I shook my head at Broccoli-chan's question.

I shakily ran a hand to my hair, shutting my eyes. It was smooth, silky, until it came down to my nape.

There was nothing.

"Wahhh!!! Chako!!! My hair!!! She wouldn't love me anymore!!!"

The guys heaved out a breath of relief before looking at me. I don't know the emotion behind them but I'm pretty sure it's confusion.

"Ah! That's right! Stain had sliced her in the nape! But she managed to duck just in time to dodge it... But at the cost of her hair... *mutter mutter mutter*"

Large fat tears escaped from my eyes as I cried dramatically. Loud sobs erupting from my throat and my nose slightly reddened.

Chako wouldn't love me and my hair anymore...

"My phone... Where?! WHERE?! Oh, it's beside me."

I rapidly opened the phone and went to my contacts, immediately tapping for Chako's first. On the first ring, she instantly picked up, thankfully.

I was pretty sure the first thing she heard was my loud sob. I was certain that snot was dripping down from my nose by now.

"Chako! You'll still love me with short hair, right?! Wahhh!!!" I cried out into the phone, ignoring Esqueleto's unimpressed expression as he wiped the snot from my nose with a handkerchief.

"Of course, Hikari! I'll still love you with all my heart!!!" She practically screamed out which I didn't mind.

"..really..?" My small voice made her giggle as I turned slightly red.

"Yeah! Now, did anything happen? Oh, it's the news."

...

"WHAT?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

I hummed in response and I heard her breath slightly in relief. Then she asked about the others, specifically, Broccoli-chan.

"Broccoli-chan gained the usual..."

And with that, she bid me goodbye and hang up. Probably calling Broccoli-chan now.

Speaking of calling...

"Grenada! How you doin'?"

"Damn, you already got into trouble?" He asked. I hummed, paying no mind to Broccoli-chan's horrified face he directed at me.

"My wounds ain't that bad, well, I think it isn't. I can't really see my nape." I explained briefly. "We fought Stain-san and a white winged Nomu, it suddenly took Broccoli-chan and Stain-san saved him. Shocker, right?"

"Well damn, and all you got was a scratch on the nape? How the hell did you even survive that?" He questioned seriously. I smiled as I heard his worry that he tried to hide. He's actually pretty calm about this and I can't say I'm not surprised because, what the fuck, I am.

"Papa and Endeavor-san came to the rescue along with a tiny old geezer." I said.

Esqueleto is still beside me, trying to hide a flabbergasted face once he heard my soulmate's calm voice. He turned to me as if asking if I'm really talking to Grenada. I merely smiled and nodded, placing my index finger upon my lips, indicating for him to be quiet.

Then I remembered something. "Hey, hey!"

I heard a curious grunt so I continued. "I can fully transform into Luci now! Ain't you proud? Ain't you?!" I asked excitedly, waiting for his answer.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

I could die happy now. I'm pretty sure that my face looks bright red by now so I hid under my blanket, avoiding the curious gazes of the four as my wings automatically wrapped around me.

"Hey, Grenada. As weird as it sounds, I kinda miss annoying you. Oh wait, it isn't that weird. Anyway, bye-bye!" And with that, I hung up, not waiting for his response which would probably be a yell of what the hell. Thankfully, I said all of that in a whisper. But then again, Esqueleto's just right beside me. Oh well. Not like he cares about it.

"Tenshi, I haven't asked before but what is your relationship with Bakugo?" Oya? It's 50/50 who asked? Surprising.

I went out of my blankets and peeked at them only to see all of them staring at me expectantly. Even Richboi-kun. Isn't he supposed to say that the question is personal? Whatevs. I mustered a close eyed smile and answered.

"We're close friends!" I exclaimed with a proud grin, getting amused as I saw Broccoli-chan stiffen. Why the hell am I even gonna tell them that he's my soulmate? I'm not even sure if Grenada wants to tell anyone that we're soulmates.

At the side of my head, I could feel Esqueleto's skeptical gaze on me.

"I see. What about your.. other form from earlier?" Then it was Richboi-kun who asked. Why is he so curious now? No sense in lying anymore. All of them already saw it. It's better to answer their questions now than wait for them to pester me with more next time.

"Ah. It's something I discovered the last few weeks. My quirk isn't angel. It's Lucifer. I'm expecting none of this leaves the room." Thankfully, he's satisfied with my answer. Until I took a glance at Broccoli-chan's direction.

Oh no.

"Is he some sort of like Dark Shadow? You know, Tokoyami-kun's quirk? Is it alive? I heard you say "him", so it must be alive, right? Can you tell me more about him? Ugh, why didn't I bring my notebook with—"

"Excuse me, Tenshi-san!"

Eh?

"Your father!"

At that time, when we were all still giggles and stuff, I didn't know what could possibly go wrong. It was then until that nurse barged in on us with the news of my Papa bedridden. Everything flew by so fast that I couldn't even react properly.

What was happening again?

______________________________________

cutie_booseoksoon30

Damn, I was actually excited to post this BECAUSE, it's where the drama starts! Anyway, thanks for reading! And by the next chapter, I'll try to post another artwork of mine.