Chapter Twenty-six

So the match is Broccoli-chan versus 50/50.

I still can get over the fact that Broccoli-chan managed to get out of Aizawa Jr.'s Brainwashing earlier. I just understood then that he could have been in our class if the practical exam weren't filled robots. Turns out, he can only use his quirk on humans by talking to them and having them respond to him. If Grenada didn't know about his quirk, he may have possibly lost immediately because of his huge ego. But it's still a mystery on how Broccoli-chan managed to escape that predicament. Did something happen to him? Did his quirk have to do something with it? What the hell is his quirk anyway?

There's just too much mystery inside that vegetable. First was back then, in the quirk assessment test. Grenada said that he was quirkless. He was childhood friends with Broccoli-chan which only confused me even more. If they were childhood friends, then there was no doubt that Grenada's tellin' the truth. Grenada's a prideful little shit but he's not gonna lie about that just to boost up his ego. Second was the reason why Uncle decided to erase his quirk back then when he threw the ball and why he didn't use his quirk at the other tests. It was obvious that he didn't know what to do with his quirk because he and I knew that he was thinking of the risks. Even Uncle assumed that Broccoli-chan was just waiting for somebody to help him once he's done with his quirk. So that must mean that he's not compatible with it if he gets himself hurt everytime. I feel like I'm watching a child who only discovered his quirk who's trying to learn it.

"Thanks for waiting, everybody!"

This is it. 50/50's been wanting to fight Broccoli-chan and finally got it. I don't know if I'm supposed to be excited or not because Broccoli-chan might end up looking mangled in the middle of the arena. Whoever wins this fight is gonna fight either me or Grenada. But it's already obvious that 50/50's gonna win. If Broccoli-chan has complete control over his quirk, he should win with no problem.

The fight was filled with ice and flicks of the hand, creating a messy battlefield. They continued on doing that until Broccoli-chan's fingers were all broken.

Until he decided to break his other arm.

That flew 50/50 almost out of bounds if he hadn't made an ice barricade to stop him. And man, I just realized something. If Broccoli-chan had mastered that quirk, he would've sent 50/50 out of bounds AND to heaven. That'd be brutal.

There was some talking being made between the two of them that I don't really know if I should care about but something about it made 50/50 burst out.

Literally.

He bursted out some flames and had some freaky smile on his normally neutral face.

Suddenly, the old bastard came and proudly announced his appearance to
the whole audience.

"SHOUTO!!! HAVE YOU FINALLY ACCEPTED YOURSELF?!" I could see Endeavor-san taking mighty steps down to see his son from a better view and to also catch said son's attention.

And I could also see Papa just sweatdropping at him in the same position, looking like he had tried to stop the old bastard but to no avail, he was unsuccessful and thus just watching it go with a tired expression. Oh wait, his wings are getting a little darker... Is it because of Endeavor-san's Pride and Greed? Thankfully, all of the audience are focused on either the old bastard or the ongoing heated match for them to notice Papa's slight change.

I went back to observing the match and I could see them both preparing a large attack before some large walls of cement grew from the floor. And apparently, they ignored it.

Then, a big blast happened. It sent some of the Cementos's obliterated wall flying and a strong wind blew over us. Due to my very light weight and wings, I was almost blown away if it hadn't been for Grenada gripping my wrist.

The smoke was blocking the view of the whole arena and I was now itching to see who won the battle. But I guess it wouldn't matter who won. Broccoli-chan would've been still out of commission if he was the one who won with this broken bones and everything.

"M-Midoriya is out bounds..."

Holy shit, 50/50's left side is burnt up. It left him half shirted—is that what you call it? I dunno. And also, again, holy shit. The whole arena was blasted to bits. It'd take some time to fix that up.

Then I noticed something.

"H-Hey, Grenada? Y-You can let go now..."

He still hadn't removed his hand from my wrist yet.

He jerked away with a flaming face and angry eyes, yelling, "I ain't holding nothing!" I just sweatdropped at that and chuckled, deciding to hide my own embarrassment. "Y'know, if 'ya wanted to hold my hand that much, you could've just said so." I snickered at his even more red face, taking my time to appreciate Grenada's bashful side. I ain't gonna be seein' that when we battle and he sure as hell ain't seein' mine too.

"Fuck off!"

The others visited Broccoli-chan at the nurse's office just about now, worried at the poor bruised vegetable. Chako was the most worried though and I couldn't help but also worry. Yet I can't worry about that now.

My match with Grenada is coming up and I need to think of a plan on how I'm gonna do this. I honestly think that I stand no chance against him and even if I did, I think I'd still lose. But even so, I need to prove to him that I'm not someone to be taken lightly of. I still need to make him respect me all the way just like Chako did. And I need to earn more attention from the pros to make them realize that I can be a formidable ally when the time comes. I know I'm thinking ahead, but it's something Papa taught me. I want to earn all their respect.

And in order to do that, I need to do my very best in this damned festival. Whether I win or lose. It doesn't matter to me. All I want is their respect for me.

*TIME SKIP*

Alright, first is that I need to evade his left hook and start backing up. He knows my moves by now. He knows that I'll be fighting in the air and keep throwing needles at him. He'll probably either go up to me or he'll force me to stay down on the ground. He won't let me be at advantage.

My type of fighting style is the hit-and-run like Esqueleto and I'll probably faint from exhaustion if I keep trying to absorb light to repel Lucifer's hunger. So how do I do this?

Ugh, fuck. I'll just watch Grenada's fight with Rockhard for now and observe more of his moves.

"Thinkin' of ways to defeat Explodo, eh?" I didn't even feel Esqueleto's presence beside me anymore as I was too deep in thinking so he almost gave me a heart attack when he decided to speak.

I calmed my drumming heart with a hand on my chest and playfully glared at the smirking boy in front of me. "Of course. If I wanna win this, I hafta give it my all." He whistled at that and pretended to wipe a tear from his eye and grinned. "Well, Angel, you have my prayers." I just laughed and thanked him before going back to observing Grenada.

Their fight was quite short but it was enough for me to make a decision on what I should do.

We were given a thirty minute break before our match and I couldn't be more thankful.

"C'mon, Esqueleto! Let's go visit Oji-san again!" He just shook his head in what I assume in a disappointed yet amused way. I turned to Chako and smiled. "Chako, you want some takoyaki?" She just grinned and scratched her head sheepishly. "Sure! I'll pay yo—"

"The stand is giving me free takoyaki, Chako. Tis alright." I stated with an innocent grin. And with that, I grabbed Esqueleto's hand and happily skipped off to the said stand, totally ignoring his deadpanned face.

Hey, Lucifer, you wouldn't mind eating some takoyaki instead of sins, right?

Sure...

Wait wha—

_______________________________________

cutiebooseoksoon_30