Chapter Forty

Another Hawks fanart of mine! He's muzzled here, hehe. I just posted early cuz I got excited to show this baby off. And yes, I love him. Happy reading!
______________________________________

The week went by a zoom and it was already the last week of June. The smart ones didn't have anything to worry about, just doing some extra precautions while the other not so smart ones were having a group study.

And Kirishima and Kaminari are practically begging for her to tutor them since they think Bakugo wouldn't even bat an eye on them. They currently still have thirty minutes before their dismissal and decided to spend their free time by either resting or asking someone for help in academics.

Now, Hikari was currently deaf due to trying to create a light bomb and it blew not even a second past, and she was currently relying on Kokkaku to translate for her, assuming that the two that were kneeling in front of her didn't know sign language. She forgot her hearing aids at home. Again.

"She can't, idiots." He translated briefly, leaving the part that she can come with them too.

'That's right, bow down to the queen ,mortals!' Luci laughed at them inside her head whereas Hikari scolded him.

The two hung their heads in disappointment before turning to Kokkaku with a hopeful and desperate gaze. "Ko—"

"Not a chance, idiots." He cut them off with a merciless smile on his face, waving them off with a flick of his wrist, ruthlessly flaunting his seventh rank in academics.

"You sound just like Bakugo! Cut it out!"

Sighing, Hikari turned to her soulmate. "Can you help at least one of 'em?" She signed as she pulled on their string, feeling a little bad for her friends who looked ready to kill just to have a mentor.

"Their fault for not studying, not mine." He signed back simply as a matter of fact, a neutral and calm look adorning his face as he stared outside. She watched them a little longer until Kaminari got Yaoyorozu to tutor him judging by his joyful face and Kirishima to trudge over to Bakugo with a pleading look. She smiled smugly at her soulmate's now irritated look as he promised to hammer down all his knowledge onto to spiky redhead.

She then tapped on Kirishima's shoulder, pointing to herself and tilting her head. Kirishima, seeming to get that she wanted to tag along, nodded and grinned.

"Of course you can! That way, I have two smart tutors! I knew I could count on you two!" He exclaimed, pumping a fist of victory.

Hikari smiled as her wings fluttered in delight even if she hadn't heard a thing, not minding Kirishima and Bakugo's amused look over her playful wings. Meanwhile, the two fought the urge to touch her wings, knowing full well that it was hypersensitive. But seeing it flutter and bristle up made it harder for them to resist.

She signed to Bakugo to take her phone and ask her father for permission, to which he begrudgingly complied to.

"Hey, Old man, me and Midget and another one are gonna have a study session tommorow." Well, he didn't exactly ask for permission. Just stating what they were planning to do.

"Always straight to the point, eh? Of course, Sonny boy! Make sure to study hard and tell her I love her! Byeee!" The call was then cut off with a cheerful farewell and Bakugo could practically hear the smile and flowers on Hayase's face. Seriously, doesn't he ever get angry? Like father, like daughter.

He returned the phone to her calmly, not even caring about the shocked look Kirishima sent him while Hikari had taken the phone with a sweet smile, innocent to what was happening between the two friends.

"Dude, you know her father? And to even call him "Old man"? Not manly, Bakubro." He shook his head in mock disappointment. Though, he was still curious as to what their top students' relationship are for Bakugo to not even try to reject her requests. "Not manly..."

"Mind your own business, Shitty hair!"

"C'mon man! I was just kidding you!"

They continued their banter until the bell rang for dismissal.

Hikari immediately bounced over to Uraraka and Kokkaku's side and hugged their arms before rubbing her head against Uraraka's cheek. The older female giggled and patted her head. She really looked and acted like a cat sometimes. It was cute. Both her and Kokkaku can agree on that one.

The male only laughed as he saw her wings flutter even more as he also petted her head. She really was the most adorable person he knew. He can now totally admit that to her face, deaf or not. His past feelings for her contorted into a more platonic love. He remembered how Hayase even said that he's practically adopted him by now and chuckled to himself. However, he quickly pushed that aside and instead, turned back to his classic literature notebook as they walked to the station together, trying to possibly memorize all the given information as he scanned them over and over, only to groan in dismay as none of it even processed inside his mind.

He made sure to himself that he'll be studying his ass off once he gets home for the weekend, his competitive side showing itself as it faced against his laziness.

He grimaced.

His laziness won. What a prideful bastard.

He'll just study at Sunday.

Procrastination at it's best, guys.

In the other hand, Uraraka was browsing through Hikari's overly organized mathematics notebook with concentrated eyes, even as they boarded the bus. Though she got sick and decided to get off with Hikari who patted her back as she threw up.

Hikari gave her a mixed look of amusement and disappointment. Uraraka didn't know how she read that but she did, so she smiled sheepishly and decided to sign that they could walk home instead.

After learning that Hikari can become deaf for some time, she decided to learn some sign language for the sake of their communication. Nothing can stop her from hanging out with her best friend! A sweet girl, I tell ya. A sweet girl... This world doesn't deserve an Uraraka. But I want her. This is author speaking.

Anyway, Hikari, after dropping her best friend off at her apartment, headed straight to her house, where her three little angels are patiently waiting for their master's return. And at last, home sweet fuckin' home.

Hayase ordered her to not visit him today and she apparently had no choice but to comply since he is her father. Especially when he gave her the look yesterday night as he told her to head straight home.

Now that her father was at the hospital 24/7, the house suddenly got larger and darker. Maybe it was because her father wasn't there? Maybe it was because her father was enough to lighten the house up? Luci was right.

She depended too much on her father that she didn't even know how to properly function without him.

Pitiful.

Truly pitiful—

"Hey there, girlie!"

Wait, what?

______________________________________

Really, should I post my artworks here? I'm kinda getting conscious now. Anyway, thanks for reading!

cutie_booseoksoon30