Chapter Seventy-nine

More of Luci and Hikari facts.
______________________________________

Hikari stared at her, eyes wide and full of wonder as did the other girl's red eyes.

At first, Hikari didn't like the idea of being around kids too much. Specifically, those spoiled and annoying kids that would just do anything to annoy the shit out of ya. But this. This baby is nothing like that. Prolly the quietest little girl she ever met during her lifetime. So far, she liked her already.

"Miss Angel.. what's your name?" Her sweet innocent voice called out to Hikari, meek and timid. Hikari snapped out of her daze, crouching down to match the girl's height.

"H-Hikari Tenshi.. you?" She was awkward, but she could honestly care less. There was something that this child stirred and triggered inside her. In a good way.

"Eri..."

Hikari smiled gently. Midoriya was right. She did look a bit like her. Would've looked like sisters if it weren't for the eyes. Her eyes reminded her of Katsuki's a little when he looks at her. So soft.

"Well, Eri-chan, do you like angels?"

"Yeah..."

"Then.." she hesitated, "what about friendly devils?" Hikari's voice hushed, forming into a shaky whisper. It was her first time interacting with a kid with her new quirk, now that she thought about it.

Eri shrunk down a bit. "Is he scary..?"

Ah, as she thought. No kid would like to see the devil himself.

"No. Not at all. He's just like me. Just.. fallen. He's a good friend." She reassured with soft words, smiling when Eri had calmed down. "I promise."

Her hand reached for the younger girl's, flinching and twitching involuntarily from nervousness. "Come here. He's in my shadow right now. It's alright, girl. He won't hurt you."

She couldn't help but frown a little when Eri flinched from Luci tapping outside Hikari's shadow with his claw like nail. "It's fine. You're fine, girl. He won't hurt you. I've got you."

Uraraka and Midoriya watched them from behind with a smile along with a few others, their hands constantly brushing against each other when suddenly, Uraraka had enough and final grabbed it, making her soulmate flinch and blush.

"U-Uraraka-san..?!" He panicked, sweating profusely as she tightened her hold. She giggled and sighed.

"Look at her go, Deku-kun... She's already in love with her..." She muttered, staring at Hikari's back lovingly. Midoriya smiled.

"You talk as if you're Tenshi-san's mother." He teased lightly, bumping his shoulder with her to which she giggled at. They watched as Luci finally peeked out from his shadow gently, trying not to startle Eri even more. She sighed again, looking at the ground with a soft smile. "She's very special to me.. I love her very much and I don't know what I would do if something were to happen to her again. God help those who hurt her."

The two's relationship is special, that much Midoriya could comprehend. It was a little bit like her and his childhood friend's relationship, but a little more different. He couldn't exactly say it was a sisterly bond since it was obviously something more. He didn't bother elaborating on that. All he knows is that when Uraraka's happy, he's happy and bursting too. Their strings might've faded and permanently bounded them already, but they still weren't in the level of Hikari and Katsuki's relationship. And he's fine with that. They both needed time and more adjusting, so it's fine. They talked about it. So he knows their boundaries.

By now, Luci had been fully outside Hikari's shadow, letting Eri play with his horns. Midoriya sweat dropped as he wrote in his imaginary notebook.