Chapter Fifty-four

Y'all get your hearts ready cuz I'm about to crush it. Oh and look, a picture of Hayase Tenshi.

Warning: death.
______________________________________

"Aizawa, I leave her in your care. You decide what you think is best for her, alright? I trust you."

"..of course... Rest well, Hayase."

"Thank you."
______________________________________

Oh God.

What was happening again?

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

He was supposed to live longer.

Why had he come to save her back then?

He knew he was risking his time.

So why?

Everything was blurry.

Every sound felt like it was ripping through her eardrums.

Her voice sounded like a child's.

What was happening again?

"Papa! Wait, no! Please, wait!"

Ah.

That's right.

"It's alright, Hikari."

He's dying.

"No it's not! Please don't!"

He chuckled weakly but coughed out black blood after.

Hikari couldn't believe her eyes as she took in his appearance.

She thought her father would always look so strong. So dependable. He was everything she hoped to be when she grows up. He was still her Papa, but why did he look so different?

His cheeks had sunk, he looked deathly pale, his lips too, and his eyes were already dimming from it's light, his horns were crumbling and God, his wings. The only thing left from his wings were the skeletal structure as well as the last three measly feathers that were desperately clinging. No, she couldn't have that. She didn't want that.

"Wh-What do you need?! Medicine?! Water?! Please, anything!" She choked up, persistent to give him anything to live his life longer. Longer than any minute.

"Hikari, no. Please. I just need you."

"No! You need somethin' else! Doc! Please! Help him!" She yelled out to the doctors yet they only stood near the room's door with grief stricken expressions.

The number seven hero was falling. Who wouldn't be sad? And they knew he was beyond impossible.

Before she could call them again, she was pulled by a weak hand. She grasped it immediately and kneeled beside his bed, wide eyed.

"Hikari. It's alright.."

Her breath hitched.

Slowly, he moved his shaking hand onto her hair. He smiled, as he combed through the soft black locks with his too bony fingers. When was the last time he braided her hair? He loved braiding her hair.

"Shh... It's alright.. Papa's got you... Papa's got you..."

She bit her lip harshly. Her hands trembled and she forced her other one to hold his wrist, letting it stay on her head. She looked down at the floor, sniffling and holding back inky tears as she let her father do as he pleased with her hair.