Chapter Two

For the three months that I've been training, I have successfully mastered the feather coating. And man, my face took a lot of explosions almost everyday that I've been trying. I'm still tryna know how light explodes though.

"What about needles? I can try makin' 'em. Ain't too bad of an idea, eh?" I asked, casually nudging Papa who just stood beside me, stretching his glorious white wings. "It's tinier so I guess it is a good idea."

I stretched my own as he nudged his head to the direction of my wings, slightly hitting it with his.

"Don't we have any targets here?" I pointed at the large training room Papa provided us. He shook his head and patted mine. "Not yet kiddo. We'll first try the light needles before you try targeting." I pouted, slightly disappointed but I got his point.

"Yeah yeah." Papa just nodded and went to the other side of the room that's filled with dummies, probably wanting to train on his own to maintain his rank. Oh yeah, once again, I forgot.

He's the number 7 hero right now. Not to brag, but he's awesome.

"Try not to blow yourself up kiddo." He called out from his spot, flying to one of the the dummies that was placed high on a wall and striking it with his sword.

"Harhar."

*TIME SKIP*

Never thought that making needles was even more dangerous than making a sword. The moment I gathered some light, it already exploded. I think I compressed it a little too much.

The second attempt was still bad. It's too loose that it faded out.

Another seven attempts, I finally got it right. It wasn't that thoroughly thinned out but I'm gettin' to it.

"Papa look!" I called out to him in an excited voice, watching him fly over to my side and examine the masterpiece I made. "It's too thick." I just sweatdropped and smiled, not letting it drag me down. "I-I know! But at least it took less time and it only exploded three times!" As I was explaining, I was quite oblivious to the miniscule smile he wore as I was too busy fumbling with the imperfect needle.

"Tis alright, 'least you're improvin' right?" His accent slipped as he patted my head softly, something I've always loved when he praises or encourages me.

I just nodded my head against his hand, still fumbling with the needle. While he was near, I decided to try it out once again and this time, it was perfect. "Is this shape enough?" I asked, waiting for his opinion as he eyed it.

His nod made me feel proud and satisfied yet very tired as well. Concentrating on something you couldn't feel was something you really wouldn't find easy. And having tried it more than five times as well as wasting energy on the 9 attempts took a lot out of me.

That's the first downside of my quirk out of two. The more amount of light I use, the more tired I'll become, causing possible fatigue and fevers. The second downside was a lot more easier to figure out. My wings are very sensitive and most people would think that disabling locomotive heroes from their quirk is the best idea. And it is. One hard hit on my wing and I'm goin' timber. And the fact that it's so large it's an easy target makes it even harder to avoid that outcome.

Showering with hot water eased all my muscles, my tense shoulder now down and relaxed. I gently rubbed my scalp and body clean from ash, careful as to not hurt myself. And here come the hard part; the wings. Like I said, its very sensitive that even a feather's touch can make me squirm like a baby. Thankfully, the bathroom was quite large just for this purpose. I carefully stretched out my right wing, making sure to gently clean each and every feather then on to my left, doing the same procedure and after that, I rinsed. Obviously.

Alright, I know that describing my nightly routine takes a lot of time and a lot of you probably don't give a shit about that, I'm just gonna move on to dinner.

"Hey Papa, give me an estimate of my passing chance." I asked because I felt like it and it was just an indirect question to know if I'm doing good at training. Ask for his opinion and you'd get the brutal truth. "I'd say  sixty percent if 'ya don't train 'yer ass off for the remainin' months you have." See?

I poked the fried chicken he made before taking a vicious bite from the juicy flesh. "Then I'll train harder. Hey, 'ya know, I'm thinkin' of somethin' that might come handy." He raised a brow at my perfect table manners and my statement. This is what I'm really thankful for. He's letting me be independent and let's me form my own ideas. It'd suck if I just depended on his ideas.

"How 'bout I try making them needles last overnight? So the light quirk would at least be useful at night, yeah?" That sounded really awesome but his skeptical eyes and scrunched forehead made me think otherwise. "Oh yeah? How the hell are you even gonna do that?"

Now I get why people don't believe me when I say I have an angel quirk.

"I'mma work on it, don't worry." And with that, no words were said. Just peaceful eating.

After brushing my teeth, I gracefully plopped on my bed forward. I sighed and looked at my pinky that the red thread was still tied to and pondered, when the hell am I gonna meet this fucker? Sure as hell he ain't lucky to have me as his partner.

Now that I've taken a closer look, the thread's a bit neater than before. Maybe it's because I'm closer to meeting him or her. Or maybe my eyes are just bad before cause of the light.

Whatevs. Sleep is more important than my love life.

______________________________________

cutie_booseoksoon30