Chapter Forty-two

"Recov-girl-san, what happened to these two?"

After Hikari and Kokkaku's match, they were brought to the clinic though they haven't any wounds or injuries, said "for safety measures", so they simply complied. And along the way, they joined the two unconscious idiots that fought All Might. It was to be expected, but to hear that they passed, that was something to them. It wasn't everyday you'd hear Bakugo willing to cooperate with Midoriya.

"All Might didn't hold back on them, no matter how much I scolded him." She sighed, looking disappointed at the number one hero as she shook her head.

"Well, Explodo's silent so I guess it's one or the other." Kokkaku commented, laughing with Hikari who snorted.

"Is your phone with ya, imouto-chan? Take a pic, will ya? Send it to me." He requested eagerly, wanting to hold some blackmail against the angry Pomeranian.

Hikari complied and snickered, taking photos each of different angles, even one above him as she lifted herself up with her wings. After that, she immediately sent the pictures to her self proclaimed big brother.

"Don't tell him I took it."

In the background, Recovery girl chuckled to herself as she watched the two blabber to themselves. "You two, what you did back then, and not even hurting yourselves in the process, you did well compared to these two." She complimented them with a warm smile on her face that reminds the dark skinned male of someone.

Kokkaku grinned and scratched his head sheepishly. "Thanks, madam!"

Soon enough, the clinic was filled by students and were watching the remaining matches. Hikari, on the other hand, proceeded to watch over her soulmate, examining each and every feature on his face as much as she could. He can't yell at her right now so why not take the chance?

'Don't forget to ask permission from your father since you passed.'

She jolted from her seat at Luci's sudden statement to her in surprise. She could faintly hear him snicker at her at the back of her head but chose to ignore it and simply responded with an exasperated "yeah" and a roll of her eyes.

For the remaining time, she just talked with her best friends on how they won. She almost bursted out laughing when Uraraka has said that she caught Thirteen off guard because Aoyama asked her if she liked Midoriya.

Boy, he couldn't be more right.

"But you do, right?" She asked, a smirk creeping up her face as Uraraka's face became tomato red.

"He's right there as we speak!"

Hikari just chuckled and zipped her mouth playfully, really wanting to embarrass her cute friend but also really didn't have the energy to so she just went back to her seat beside her soulmate.

One week... One week of not seeing her father... Should she even go? What if something happens to her father while she's not there? A cellphone won't really ease her nerves and it'll only drive her insane if she keeps worrying about him. What if she comes back he's not there anymore? She'll be alone. She doesn't wanna be alone. He'll leave her alone. Alone...

"Hey."

She jolted once again and snapped her head towards the voice. Turns out, it was Bakugo. She didn't know, but when she had started thinking and falling to pieces, he had held her arm. With her, he's always calm. And she really needed to have a level headed person who can keep her on track. She didn't realize it but when he spoke, she started breathing normally again. Her classmates were in too much focus on the remaining matches to even care about them. Or even about her changing appearance.