Chapter Eighty-Nine

If you haven't watched Encanto (which I doubt), I can assure you it's a fucking rollercoaster of emotions. Almost wanted to write a fic for it. Almost.
______________________________________

Like one would expect as it is normal, Hikari struggled with studying as much as a normal student would. Of course, Katsuki bonked all the information right on her head as he did with his redheaded friend the last time.

They sat on the floor where there was a small table meant for studying. It was Hikari's. She made Luci get it from her room. The devil only mumbled under his breath for making him her maid. Butler? Doesn't matter.

While she was studying, she complained every five minutes whether it was in her head or out loud just to annoy her boyfriend and soon enough, he gave in and gave her a bag of chips stored in his drawer, prepared just for her.

Katsuki saw a dramatic glimmer in her eyes. He gained an irk mark and flicked her forehead lightly. Then his cheeks darkened when she rubbed her head on his hand. Katsuki looked away hastily, too embarrassed by his own reaction.

"Just eat. You wouldn't shut up."

Hikari smiled. She looked at the bag of chips. It was a large bag of chips. Nothing she couldn't finish, but she at least wanted to share with Katsuki since he spent most of his time teaching her.

She moved closer to him and bumped his shoulder with hers. "Make space. I want you to hug me." She said bluntly, giggling when she saw his bright red ears.

Katsuki could only pretend to be annoyed to hide his shyness. Though it was useless since Hikari could understand him easier than any lesson they just tackled earlier. "Fine."

Hikari soon moved to his lap, her back facing his chest. She made sure to tuck her wings as small as possible. Not long enough, Katsuki had his arms wrapped around her, nuzzling his nose on her neck and shoulder.

Hikari occasionally fed him chips, waiting for him to open his mouth and just pop it in. Honestly, she was just so relaxed that she started sinking into his arms and was now the one being fed as she laid her head on his thigh. It was such a wonderful moment.

She gazed upon him, watching him reread all his notes quietly while he feeds her, and she knows she had known this long before... but Katsuki really is good looking. And now, she wondered, will she have to be careful of those eyeful girls every boyfriend in a relationship has?

Yes?

No.

Katsuki's too aggressive for any girl to like besides her. If she wasn't his soulmate, she'll have to admit, he'd be scoffing and glaring at her at first for just glancing at him before he eventually warms up.

"Katsuki." She called.

"Hmm."

"I love you~." Nothing, she just wanted to say it.

"I love you too." He said, then stuffed her mouth with more chips. He looked at her and raised a brow. Hikari was just too obvious ogling at him for him to not notice. "Get back up. You're supposed to be looking at notes, not me."

"Ah. Right right, forgot." Nah, she didn't. Katsuki's just too pretty to not stare at. Also, she's just lazy.
______________________________________

Combat training.

Hikari should've been excited, Katsuki thought. But instead of that usual devious gleam in her eyes, she was holding her back like a fucking old man, and Katsuki thought he heard a little crack. Mentally, he cringed because he felt that crack just now.