Chapter Fifty-eight

"We'll be helping you with at least two of.."

"YOUR VERY OWN SPECIAL MOVES!!"

Hikari's wings involuntarily fluttered at the mention of special moves.

"Go change in your costumes and meet us in Gamma Gym."

Wordlessly, she stood up and grabbed Uraraka's hand automatically, walking hand in hand with her to the lockers room with a little more energy.

Last night, she felt enough relief from hearing her soulmate say she can rely on him all she want. And it was enough redemption.

"Hikari, what type of move will you do?" Uraraka asked gently and Hikari answered, "I'll be recreating something.. and one of my own."

Uraraka smiled. She still remembered how the the first thing in the morning Hikari did was apologize to Asui for being rude and insensitive. The latter doing the same and ended up apologizing again and again.

Her brown eyes widened as she saw Hikari's new costume. She knew she was going to change it, but she didn't know it would remind her so much of her father's costume.

"I wanted to continue Papa's legacy... so I asked the support team to make a few adjustments... "

""A few"?"

(I'm too lazy to describe her outfit so please look at the picture above, lmao. It's drawn by yours truly~.)

"But you won't be able to see as much?"

"Chako..."

"Y-Yeah?"

"I can feel things."

"Oh, right. Hehe. Wait... Look!"

Hikari hummed and tilted her head, confused by her best friend's surprised and joyous reaction as well as the other girls' same expressions.

"Your wings! They're turning back to gray! Something must've happened for it to start transforming back."

Her mind suddenly drifted back to last night. She pulled her hood down even more, hiding her warm face and ears, but it did nothing to cover the light flapping of her wings.

"Y-Yeah.. something like that..."

The others only smiled in response at her bashful demeanor. Seeing her flustered was actually a different color, considering she was one of the boldest classmates they had.

"Hikari-chan had probably went to someone yesterday, ribbit." Asui inquired, piquing other's curiosity.

Uraraka grinned mischievously, resting her hand on Hikari's shoulder teasingly as she waved her back and forth. "Probably her soulmate. Who could it possibly be?"

Hikari giggled and slapped the hands away from her gently.

The one sound was enough to set the girls' hearts warm and their eyes softened.

For the past few days after her father had died, all she did was frown and cry. The sight right now was something they all engraved in their hearts. A little smile and a tiny giggle. And her wings turned lighter.

"He.. he made me feel better... So much better..."

Yaoyorozu furrowed her brows. She hadn't forgotten that Hikari mentioned that their explosive classmate was her soulmate. And it was just a wonder to her on how the angry male made her feel a thousand times better.

Uraraka smiled softly and hugged the smaller girl closer, caressing her graying hair. "He really did, huh?" She felt the angel nod at that.

The others could only groan in curiosity, wondering who the hell her kind-hearted soulmate was. It was definitely in their class, seeing as she spent the whole day in the dorm to unpack. Or maybe she talked to someone in the phone? They didn't know, they were just glad to see their angel finally opening up again.