Last Chapters:::(BOOK 3) Chapter 33 - One boy, a thousand feelings - 6

If I'm a pagan of the good times
My lover's the sunlight
To keep the Goddess on my side
She demands a sacrifice
To drain the whole sea
Get something shiny
Something meaty for the main course
That's a fine looking high horse
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful
That looks tasty
That looks plenty
This is hungry work

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

::: Hozier – Take me to Church

***

A few days later and I still didn’t have the balls to tell C what I had done. I knew she wouldn’t gloat. Instead, she would tell me exactly what I need but didn’t want to hear. I wanted to talk to Katy about it too but again, she would tell me what I needed to hear. Besides, she was too busy with all the last minute plans for the wedding. Last time I had spoken to her she said that her and Sam had been arguing too much. She was putting it down to wedding stress but it was getting to a point where they weren’t even sharing a bed. I knew they would sort it and really did hope that it was wedding stress. I didn’t want to tell either of them and give them another reason to argue.

Instead, I kept my mind on everything other than Omari. Like Katy’s upcoming bachelorette and pre-nuptials. Her sister and I had decided for her bachelorette party we should have one last big night out in Paris. All the Eurostar tickets had been booked as well as the hotel for the weekend. Even though we knew that Katy wasn’t going to be the traditional stay at home and knit housewife, she would still come out and party with all the girls – we thought about a relaxing spa day somewhere just wouldn’t suit her or be fun. That was the traditional option and Katy was anything but traditional.

I also kept my mind on work. After following Dr. Tessari on the ward round I had finished my shift. I still had six more hours to go however as I was covering half of Elizabeth’s shift whilst she was taking care of her sick daughter. It always amazed me how she managed to get be getting a medicine degree whilst having a 5 year old child. I was always happy to swap my day shifts with her nights. I knew how important spending time with General – Paul, I mean was important for C, especially at that age. Greg wasn’t too happy that I sometimes swapped shifts so it was now at a point where I would just lie and say that was the roster.

I was sitting by the desk pretending to do admin but really looking at restaurants and clubs in Paris. Liz, a young nurse was sitting next to me looking at hotels for her honeymoon with her finance. “I got a really weird call today. You know that patient that came in with the boyfriend who obviously pushed her down the stairs?” She dipped her biscuit in the tea – something I never understood and found revolting.

“We get about 5 of those a night Liz”

“Yeah I know, but remember we thought we’d seen her from somewhere and then the next day we saw her on the front of that Magazine. You know the model?”

“Oh, yeah what about her?”

“She called and wants us to release her file to her. I just thought it was weird because domestic abuse victims usual like to forget its happened. Deny it most of the time”

“Have you given her the files?”

“Not yet, I’m going to fax them to her before I go”

“Nah, don’t worry I’ll do it”