Last Chapters:::(BOOK 3) Chapter 33 - One boy, a thousand feelings - 9

On my mind:

I am done
Smoking gun
We've lost it all
The love is gone

He has won
Now its no fun
We've lost it all
The love is gone

And we had magic
And this is tragic
You couldn't keep your hands to yourself

I feel like our world's been infected,
And somehow you left me neglected
We've found our life's been changed
Babe, you lost me

"I'm not even meant to be in the office today seeing as I'm leaving the country tonight."

"I know Dr, but-"

"I'm on leave for a week."

"I'm sorry Dr Williams."

"Do not give me any shifts because I will not turn up."

"Yes Dr. Williams."

I put my phone down and sighed. I hated getting annoyed but the receptionist could be so frustrating. They don't communicate between wards. I told my receptionist I was on leave for a week and not to schedule any appointments. Another departments doctor wanted an opinion from me about a patient. So on the first day of my week off for the wedding, the day I am flying to Paris for the Hen party – I get thousands of call from the hospital telling me that I should be working.

Which is how I ended up, 7 hours before my flight, in my office angrily typing up the patient notes.

This hospital was forever short staffed –I don't think they could call it short staffed if this was always the case.

When that was finished, I drafted an email to my receptionist asking her to make sure that other departments know that I am on leave and completely unreachable for a week, unless it is an emergency that does not require me coming into work.

I re-read the email a few times making sure I didn't come off as passive aggressive. I really wanted to be rude and tell her how I thought she spent too much time on her phone under the desk when she thinks we all cant see – but I had to work with all of my co-workers, and I wanted to remain civil with all of them.

There was a soft knock on the door.

"I am on leave!" I shouted angrily. I even kept my blinds closed for a reason. The second I'm spotted here there would be a line of paper work and I would have been put on the Emergency Care ward seeing ad that was always 'understaffed'.

"Sorry, the nurse said you were in here."

"Greg," I tried not to sound surprised. I internally groaned at how rough I had come into work looking. Me, in my travel gear as I would be going to the airport straight from here, pissed off and having had minimal sleep. "How are you."

"I'm good. I went to the flat but you weren't there. So I gathered you'd probably be here."

I nodded. "Yep. I'm meant to be on leave but one of the receptionist messed up. So going to just stay for a few hours whilst I'm here."

"All packed for tonight though?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know why I'm even asking when I know you always pack weeks in advance." We both laughed lightly.

I leant back on my chair.

I thought I'd feel, uneasy maybe? When I next saw him, but I didn't.

He had moved out some of his things but not all.