(BOOK 3) Chapter 28 - Never Forget The Past

Never Forget The Past.

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing

Just prayin' to a God that I don't believe in

'Cause I got time while she got freedom

'Cause when a heart breaks, no, it don't break even

Her best days will be some of my worst

She finally met a man that's gonna put her first

While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping

'Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even... even... no

What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?

And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK?

I'm falling to pieces, yeah,

They say bad things happen for a reason

But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding

'Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving

And when a heart breaks no it don't break even, even... no

What am I gonna do when the best part of me was always you?

And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK?

-       The Script; Breakeven

*Aaliyah

After a more than interesting visit to the supermarket yesterday I decided to stay at home today. It was so hot and I had just gotten my hair done, but I knew I needed to stay home and regenerate. Yesterday had left me mentally winded, I was not prepared to un into an hooligans that associated with Omari today.  This hot weather brought out people, and right now, people hated Aaliyah. On top of everyone hating me, I didn’t want to leave my house because today was the one year anniversary since Nathan was murdered, and to my knowledge, there still wasn’t even any official suspect. I had my own suspects but there was nothing I could do about it. I knew if I left my house, I would either pass where he was allegedly shot, or I would visit his grave. If I visited his grave I would see people that I didn’t want to see, but I couldn’t leave my house and not go to his grave and pay my respects.

So I just stayed at home.

I played with my long omrbe bob whilst I watched the love of my life on TV.

Derek Morgan.

They were dealing with a case were an escaped prisoner was killing people then sewing their mouths shut. My baby Morgan was obviously very angry and eager to catch the killer. What an amazing man, that was the type of husband I needed. 

I felt my phone vibrate underneath my sheer summer dress. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID (a lesson that I will never learn.)

I heard Kwali say hi. I rolled my eyes, I literally rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood for him today. I had had it up to here with people telling me how Omari viewed me as an angel; it was starting to seriously irk me.

‘’Hey.’’ I replied in a bored tone.

‘’Guess whose pregnant?’’ I guessed in my head, and I was probably right, but did he seriously think that the hatchet was buried. Just like that. He was suddenly ready to be my friend, and ready to gossip with me.

I remained silent, so he continued. ‘’Cecilia! Again! This is like the third time in a year and a half’’

‘’Oh’’ Was the only reply he got from me. Of course I wanted to know who the dad was, was she planning on having another abortion?