Last Chapters:::(BOOK 3) Chapter 33 - One boy, a thousand feelings - 3

Last Chapter:::(BOOK 3) Chapter 33 - One boy, a thousand feelings - 3

And another one bites the dust
But why can I not conquer love?

And I might've thought that we were one
Why not fight this war without weapons

And I wanted it and I wanted it bad
But there were so many red flags

Now another one bites the dust
And let's be clear, I trust no one

You did not break me
I'm still fighting for peace

Well I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard
But I may snap when I move close

But you won't see me fall apart
Cause I've got an elastic heart
I've got an elastic heart
Yeah, I've got an elastic heart

-          Elastic Heart, Sia & The Weeknd

***Omari

“That will we us soon.” Stacey said cuddling into my shoulder. Steven kicked me under the table. I closed my eyes refusing to look at him knowing that I would burst out in laughter. I checked my watch over Stacey’s shoulder as she was leaning on my arm. It had just turned 10. I wanted to be home by 12 latest as I had training first thing in the morning. I hadn’t been late yet this month and my coach was more than happy. My coach had no time for anyone being late. I learnt that the first time I was late and I was made to run 17 times around the filed because I was 17 minutes late.

Cecilia walked back taking a seat on our table. She flashed me a small smile which I returned. Her hand met Stevens automatically on the table as she informed him what the babysitter had said on the phone. She had excused herself to check on General but she had lingered on her table with her for a while before returning.

The DJ announced that it was time for speeches and the people that weren’t already seated went to their seats.

People that had been lingering around the drinks or food made their way to their seats. The hall was arranged in 3 tables a row with a cream and rose gold theme. The theme matched the beige fitted trousers and white shit that Sam wore, and the cream bustier dress that Katy wore stopping at her knees. She was a sight for sore eyes that every guy who wore her double take.

Sam’s table was in the middle of the first row. Their table was the largest round table with the only red roses. Katy was sitting on his left with her hands entwined in his. Melvin, Sam’s best friend and man sat across from them. Louise, Katy’s younger sister sat next to him. Lord knows how many times I had tried had failed to get her. Something about her pixie cut, dark tone and full lips always covered in bright lipstick did something to me. My favourite colour on her was purple and I informed her every-time I saw her wearing it. She was wearing purple. When she caught my eye I winked towards her. She rolled her eyes turning her head back towards the centre stage. I caught the coy smile that was on her lips though. She wanted me.

The table to their left and right was a mixture of Sams and Katy’s intermediate family. My table, which included Steven, Stacey, Cecilia and Tony was behind Sam’s table.

 “Are you making a speech babe?” Stacey asked. I shrugged still unsure. I knew that Steven would convince me to make one but I wanted to save all the good things for the wedding in a couple of weeks.

The lights dimmed and focused on the stage at the front of the hall. Melvin stood up from his table and walked towards the stage where he was greeted by cheers and applause. Melvin was one of my favourite people. He was a lightweight, but he was the funniest drunk. Steven and I had already plotted to get him drunk just before his speech at the wedding. Someone had to expose Sam’s secrets before he went off into the sunset and I wasn’t the one willing to do it.