(Book 2) Chapter 16- Party time!

-Home

If I wrote a book about where we stand.
Then the title of my book would be 'Life with Superman'
That how you make me feel. I count you as a privilege
This love is so ideal. I'm honoured to be in it
I know you feel the same. I feel it everyday
In all the things you do
In the everything
You say you are my rock.
Baby you're the truth
-Beyonce

[Don't watch how gassed Aalliyah gets. It's her 16th after all! ]

Cecilia pushed me into my room as soon as I finished taking a long bubble bath. She wouldn't let anyone see our hair; instead we sneaked in and out whilst we did James Bonds shit when people turned around. She proceeded in getting me ready. She straighted my whole head burning my scalp a couple of times- I was sitting for like a hour in fear of getting burnt again; like I hadn't just left the hairdresser a couple of hours ago. I had a simple middle parting with my hair looking abnormally long for a black girl but it looked nice- it was 16 inch (feeling kinda fly) - but managing it was gonna be hell. She proceeds to open the bag with the dress with great care. I gave her the freedom to dress me and I now regretted it; I hadn't seen or even known about the dress until this moment. The dress I personally didn't even think it was that nice. It was from republic and one shoulder style. It was a nice paleish pink with a grey underbelly and quite short but not too short. She placed sparkly heels like on Sharpy from High School Musical and gave me my second birthday present. It was a beautiful charm bracelet with hot pink icons- lord knows where she shops but I need to start. I guess she planned all this from years ago-I said thank you and she proceeded onto my makeup. She put layer and layer of Mascara and eyeliner then a coat of lip-gloss; a bit of concealer and blushed my cheeks a bit. She was already ready- wearing a short big black and white print short jumpsuit; also from republic and had re-straighted her hair; loosely curling the rest and leaving her fringe. She made us take picture then checked the time; 7:45. Let the party begin!

'Call me Mr bombastic Tella Fantastic'
I haven't heard this song in a lonnng time! I bopped my head and entered the living room with my bicth in my hand. It was only 8 and already the living room was packed. Hope no more people are coming. But like last time Sam had a party in my house- people moved it into the corridor kitchen stairs- wherever just bumping and grinding.
The DJ stopped the music and did a 'shout out'
"And the birthday girls here herself. Fashionably late. Come and let everyone sing you happy birthday" he said calling me. My belly was flipping and doing star jumps. Aghh I hate people that I don't even know staring at me. I pulled Cecilia along with me; much to her distaste as she tried to pull away. Not today babe. I smiled at the DJ as I knew him personally cause of Sam. LOL. Seems like I know most boys cause of Sam.
"This is Aalliyah- a personal friend of mine. I've known her since she could speak. Sing her happy b day yall" the people sang happy birthday and clapped for me. Woooww! Felt loved; even though I didn't know them
"Get your groove on. And if I see any off you not then fuck off" he said inna Jamaican accent as he continued to play the 'Mr Bombastic' . Me and Cecilia hit the dance floor and she was soon taken by the waist by her best friend. Ahh; when she clocks who it is he better run- but I kept my mouth shut. I felt someone hold my waist. I quickly scanned for Sam- I didn't want a fight to start; okay he was too busy tryna control Katy pinning him with her bum against the wall so I carried on my business. Nothing too extreme.
'The party don't start till I walk in!' That song was ironic at this moment and time. We bopped out heads and sang along even though normally I would change the channel when Keisha came on.
'Go. Go. Go. Go. Go Shawty! It's your birthday! We gonna party like it's your birthday! And we don't give a fuck because it's your birthday!' -50 Cent. We all sang along to the 'go' bit and the boys being boys knew the rap- I only knew the 'I aint into making love' bit.
'Popping bottles in the ice. Like a Blizzard when we do it we do it right getting slipper'. -G6
Every head went up and suddenly so many girls appered from the ground- man they were low- to that song aswell? Everyone recited the lines and bashed heads. It was too funny when some girl fell over! Ahh LOOOOOOL!
'Gyal fi lemme hold you put mi arms right around you gyal you give me the tightest hold me ever get in my life'. -Gyptian
I actually don't care this was my 'jam' as Raven would say .When you're just cooking and you dance with the air or even at church; this was a sonnnggg. Even my Mum gets down to this song. Once again hands found my waist and I could mistake them. Omari. Ahh; he was in for a treat. He choose a good song. I just danced to whatever beat the song went and best of all it was the Nikki Minaj remix- the way the girls just sang along to it. We didn't need any music.
'Body smoking cigarette'. ; Favourite line. We found ourselves a wall- happens a lot; and I got 'low' to that song. Man I don't care how old it is; it was just an anthem. He did that silly thing where he moves he's hand behind your back? Like am I a DJ deck for you to be doing that? :/
Regardless I danced; then the DJ made the worst mistake ever. Lollipop came on. I wouldn't care if I was at a church or at home. I would recite every single word that came out of Lil Wayne's mouth-swearing or sexual I don't care and dance. No one understood my love for Lil Wayne. He was and always will be the best rapper alive. Man fuck Omari- it was like Devon; Dwayne Michael Carter Jr was behind me man. Doing that face he does when he's eyes pop out with the dreadlocks swinging and a cup in his hand and saying 'yess sirrr' . I made it my mission that my bum moved the same time as the beat. Lil Wayne too much man; don't mess with him with me around
"I see age has helped your dancing skills" Omari said; I could feel him grinning even though I couldn't see him. LOL; he was a funny loser
"Thanks Dwayne" I said carrying on. Why talk when it's coming to my favourite bit. The 'Shawty imma hit it hit like I can miss and he don't do this and he don't do that. Shawty stop fronting nigger bring that ass back because I like that' I was clicking my fingers and sticking out my tongue; damn Dwayne!
"What did you call me?" He stopped and pulled me up- someone wasn't very happy
"I said Omari man!" I lied. I chuckled evilly as he raised he's eyebrows and went back to dancing. Not even gonna deny it and lie; D'wayn- I mean Omari could dance; he did that thing with he's hand on my back that pushed it down but gently. I can't explain it but I liked it.
'Welcome the king of the Dancehall' Ahh! I didn't understand anything else and it was a Jamaican song but I just got so overly happy at this song! The bass was good; I have to go to Jamaican. Seriously; it was hard not to just shake your body to the rhythm and bit your finger and just stick out your tongue
''Yeah I'm POW! YEAH I'm POW! YEAH I'm POW!'' When the POW bit came I pretended to slap Omari; looool! I was actually having fun and just cracking up.
'Head shoulders knees and toes- ladies lemme see you get down low mandem lemme see you keep it shoo' People started doing the dance and then sticking 2 fingers in their faces and proceeding to wav them around. Errm. I did the main bit and bopped around a bit and 'got down low' on the get down low bit
'It's your birthday and I know you wanna ride out; even if it's only for tonight' noooooo! Nooooooo! Not today of all days! Do people wanna see low? Trust me you haven't when this song comes on! I did the business for the first verse and I and Omari were touching heaven man- then some next voice started talking or rapping over it. What. I stood up and waited for Jeremiah to come on.
"What's wrong?" Omari said looking at me strangely
"Nothing. I'm just waiting for it to start"
"It has." He said screwing me. He wasn't very happy I stopped half way through the song
"This sounds like a goat- where's Jeremiah?"
"This is the Jamaican version" I rolled my eyes. Typical; no offence. I love Jamaican music but just don't touch Jeremiah
"Just dance man- or you can't handle it?" Defo Devon again
"Shut up you lil pansy. I'll dance when I wanna" I wasn't gonna fall for he's lil trap
"Aalliyah you wanna get cheeky" why does he always get shocked when I defy him; I'm the boss today
"Yeap." I said turning away from him smiling. He smiled but he was still thinking of something; fuck me when he gets me back
"Sure?"
"Positive" I didn't turn back around but I was cracking up; it was pissing him of and I knew it. I was so fucked later when he gets his own back; fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck meee! But it was too late to turn back time and it was making me smile for once.
"Ite init" he said smiling and walking away. He's so weird. I went to get a drink. Yes Alcoholic. Yes Aalliyah dancing and drinking on the same night by choice; yes; I'm 16! I smiled as people said 'happy birthday' every one second. I gulped down a drink of whatever I could reach and went back into the living room. Some NEXT devilish song came on and seemed to overtake the boys. They screamed- LOL; I know- and ran into the middle and started looking at each other evilly and dropping low kinda swaying their hands. They looked funny but kinda cool because they were doing it in slow motion and Omari screw face but still smiling was so hilarious.
"Eyy Celica what are they doing?" I poked her; she was standing next to me smiling at Steven's dancing. Awww aren't they cute? But there still being stubborn; yeah roll eyes.
"Gully Creppa" yeah. Sounds devilish too
"Do you know what it is?" She said sighing when she saw me still cracking up.
"Nooo. They look like a cult performing a ritual" it actually did. The girls- some dancing and the boys looking they are praying to the devil
"LOL. Aalliyah you're so dumb. It's a Jamaican dance; Look at your ting man" she said nodding in his direction. Ahh I think I'm falling in love with Jamaican music. It's actually making me smile.
'Everybody ask were me get me Clarks' Celia breezed to the middle and did something with her foot. Kinda bad cause I've never heard these songs before so I just had to sit there by myself looking at everyone else; where did these songs come from? Where's the American music?
"Why aren't you dancing at your own party" turnt around and saw Kwali. MY babes. - The alcohols getting to my head man.
"Errm I don't know these songs"
"Soo; just dance."
"I'll look dumb" I said being serious
"It's dark. No one will see any ting man"
"But I'll know"
"It's ite. Make sure you save me dance and I'll be the judge yeah?" I nodded. My God he was f-i-n-e. He went to dance with the rest but I still snuck a peek at times; I need to learn the lil dance thing with the leg.
"See you smiling cause Kwali spoke to you" Celica said nudging me- she came over when she saw I was by myself. I was smiling from ear to ear
"Yeah. He asked me to save him a dance but I'll do much more than that happily" I said sniffing my nose with my hand. Celica smiled and raised her eyebrows
"Aalliyah getting a bit gassed alie?" She said laughing; I chuckled along
"But it's your birthday so I'll allow you init. Just for tonight. But babes. All that is MINE"
"Babes.'All that' just talked to me" we were fake arguing
"But babes. There are two. We can share. Infact why are we standing here like we don't look fine; common bicth" she pulled onto the main dancing bit as the song changed.
'Oh lord ride me like a bicycle' I actually heard this song once at Omari's house. But hated it there. Celica gave me a look and I just automatically swayed a bit with the air. I aint getting slapped by her after she just got her nails done. I felt hands and I looked down at the shoes. Why hello Kwali? Welcome to the ride of your life; otherwise known as- Aalliyah. Please keep all hands in the cart at all time. Ahh Cecilia was right; I was getting a bit 'gassed'; but see Kwali and see if you don't start thinking things
"Lemme decide if you can dance" he whispered over the music. He pulled me back a bit to a wall. Gosh boys do love walls right? I danced but not putting one leg up like I saw some girls.
'Take you down' why do people do this like they don't know Aalliyah gets overly happy when one of her husband's come on. Welcome back Chris. Haven't seen you since Devon; how you been doing? Chris had me going down low; hands touching toes and still dancing- bless my African roots; it's like you knew how to dance before you knew how to speak.
"Gwarrn girl" I heard Kwali say. I will defiantly 'Gwarrn' -whatever that means. It never got as far as me and Omari did but it did get awfully close man. Then that silly dagger song came one and the hands suddenly changed. OhMyGod please strike me down. I tried to run but they kept me in position. Isn't this rape technically?
"Omari noooooo!" The bones in my bum nearly broke last time.
"It's nearly coming and it's gonna hurt if you stand like that" he said laughing. I'd take my chances
"I'll go soft if you stop being cheeky to me"
"Yeahhh. Pleases; I'll be nice to you all the time now!" Lieesss; your still gonna get dumb replies when you ask me dumb questions
"You're such a lier. Your arse is gonna have and imprintment of my dick for life babe" he said just dropping my head back. I swear I was in tears. How the fuck did girls enjoy this? I made my mind up. I'm never having sex. If that hurts then fuck it. If sex is that good then it'll be available in heaven. The song finished and he smiled at me. He deserved a fucking slap.
"You deserved that; now say thank you to me for making your narni all tingly"
"What's a narni?"
"Ask Kayne" he laughed hugged me from behind.
"Happy birthday"
"Thank peanut.
"It's cooling. Now are you gonna dance for me like Kwali" I felt him smile; LOL. He's so stupid
"When a song I like comes on yeah"
"Ite. I'm going toilet. Don't let anyone touch you. Bare of them are olders" Awww he was so protective.
"Yes Omari" he raised he's eyebrows and pecked my mouth;

"So are you too back together?" David scared me. I looked at him and shaked my head.
"So your single and looking sexy?"
"I'm not single." He was a perv and only because I was wearing a short dress he wanted to talk? Your Sam's age. Unless you're Parker or Melvyn or Chris and that age- don't talk to me. Parker and Chris were nice people and Melvyn was like a brother and my next to Sam but a lot calmer.

"So what kinda man leaves you here all alone looking like that" is this twilight for him to be saying things like that?
"The kind that knows that I know most people here" that was a lie but hopefully he would leave me now.
"Okay. Can I have this dance" he said as a new track came on
"All yours" I said walking away. I needed some air; more and more people were coming and it was getting too stuffy. It's not that I didn't like David- well yeah it is. He was like a slimy snail; always there when it rains and is unwanted; I wish I could just squish him. I sat on the stairs outside Sam's door as more people came in. Did I know them; no. Did I care? No not really.
"Happy Birthday Porn Star! Why are you here?" Kayne asked coming out of the house/flat. I was actually baffled. It was like a house in flat but with no stairs? But not a pent house! Ahh I dunno.
"Tired man"
"After 30 mins. Scrubbing that hard yeah?"
"Lool. No. It's hot" he raised he's eyebrows.
"Kayne?"
"Yeah babe?"
"What's a narni?" He started laughing; I don't get it?
"PUnani means pussy" Omaris a twat. A very good looking twat but a twat all the same... Kwali and Cecilia came out with a camera in Cecilia's hand
"What's that for?" I asked whilst Kayne was still laughing and repeating what I said.

"What the fuck is up with Kayne?"
"She asked what a 'narni' is" Kwali joined in the laughter and Cecilia covered her face smiling. I rolled my eyes; I'm seriously gonna slap Omari.
"What's the camera for?" I asked again
"This pussy wants me to take a picture. I swear sometimes he's a girl"
"Lemme not even say anything cause your taking the picture; Aalliyah come in the picture" it was more like a command. He put me in between Kayne and him and they put their arms around my neck and mine around there waist. I smiled and Celica took a picture.
"Awww that's cite she said showing us. I liked it.
"Aalliyah come back man" Kayne said pulling me back into the picture.
"Put your hand up and do this" he did some sign with his hand that made an 'L' sign. But with other things around. I couldn't explain it.
"What does it mean?" I asked holding it up.
"It means happy birthday in Sierra Leone" he said laughing. I 'oh'ed and smiled again. Omari opened the door and started laughing when he saw me.
"What? I said getting frustrated as he started banging the wall with he's fist laughing.
"Do you know what you're doing with your hands?" I shaked my head smiling
"It means happy birthday" he erupted in laughter again. Even Cecilia giggled at bit but tried to hold it in.
"Whhaaattt?"
"That's gang sign you fish! That's the gang these two are in." Omari said pointing and laughing at me. In the light he looked so much better and he had even changed. He was wearing like a red T-Shirt; chequered I think- need my glasses; and a Ralph Lauren Puffer jacket with no sides- forgot what they're called; he had Jeans with the 'G-Star' thing printed largely on them and a nice new pair of Nike Trainers; how many does he own? Its like every time I see him he has a new pair on? I wasn't gonna tell him he looked nice though; he's head was big enough already
I turned and screwed them.
"So this doesn't mean happy birthday in Serra Leone?" Kwali shaked he's head and started laughing. It wasn't funny. I nearly took a picture of me doing a gang sign and there cracking like I'm Chris Rock?
"Aalliyah that was kinda dumb cause there from Congo" Cecilia said laughing. I rolled my eyes and sat on the stairs.
"Aalliyah lighten up man. It was a joke." Kayne said punching my arm. We weren't friends anymore; but I smiled regardless. I nodded and looked out the window.
"Let's take a group picture" Omari said pulling me along. He put me in he's arms and Cecilia told everyone else to fucck out the picture so it was just me and him; waist to waist. Cecilia took the picture and showed me; we looked cute- like a couple.
"All of usss!" Cecilia said as she put the camera on a ledge and put it on self timer. Me and Celica stood and smiled whilst the twins threw up gang signs and Omari put he's middles ginger up. It was two normal smiling girls and just chaos behind. I loved the picture and kept a personal note to get it printed.

We went back into the party and I felt a lot more refreshed- defiantly ready to party hard.
'DJ got us falling in love again' I just got my groove on and this time Kayne came- see that rhymes ;) we danced for a couple of songs; nothing super cool and I stopped cause my back felt like it was gonna snap. The people finally separated themselves; the older college students in one side- dance DIRTY! Like holding her up and 'daggering' her in the air dirty and the people more around my age dancing dirty; but something that I could look at and not feel to gag.
'Candy'. Got my groove on. Everyone did. Even the boys. A couple more dance Songz came on; and so did jerk. As soon and I heard the beat I found Cecilia and we jerked man. We didn't care if we look dumb.
'Soulja boy up in this hoe' watch me crank and watch me roll' you' 'you' 'you' ' we all snapped and rolled. All supermaned that hoee.
'She got a donk. She got a donk' Cecilia did her thing and shaked her 'donk' up downright left and all around. She didn't mess about when it came to dancing.
'Go girl. It's your birthday say ahhhh! Say Ahh! We don't buy no drinks at the bar pop ' how ironic. Cecilia nodded at me smiling as I danced and we all sang along someone found a bottle of whatever and somehow it found its way being poured into my mouth on the 'Ahh' bits. Gotta love the crazy people right?
'I'm so special special' not another Jamaican song.
'Good Hole' -see I remembered from Omaris thing. Kwali; danced with him to this song.
"So you know the song knows?" I laughed and nodded; dancing to the song.
'Remember when me take your virginity?' Jamaican once again.
'Giggs better pop in your brain as an artist' JEEZ' all the boys rapped along to Giggs. Yes shock I k now who he is but only because of 'Game Over'
'Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit? Would you risk it for a chocolate bisect?' -es I would if it was one of the twins. I sang along to it; love Tinie Tempah.
''I'm good lets go. Yeah. We bring the stars to we bring the women and the cars and he cards out.' Pass out! I'm gonna pass out inna a bit man!
'Put it down on me' 50 cent; Ahh I love this song and Jeremiah's backk. I was now with a stranger but danced regardless
'She tells me she nah let go'. -argh. Can we just stay on American; I don't know that many Jamaicans songs