Chapter 1 (Book 3) - Skeletons in my closet

Chapter 1 (BOOK 3) - Skeletons in my closet.

I'm sorry momma!
I never meant to hurt you!
I never meant to make you cry; but tonight
I'm cleaning out my closet – Eminem.

(A/N I couldn’t really find a good song to fit this chapter but anyway *sighs* ignore any mistakes and sh*t – I’m only human)

"Yeah Physics is quite interesting."

"Trust me! I thought it was gonna be boring"

I and Maria were walking down the hill since we finished college early today, and the bus was taking ages to come. Maria was a really calm girl, and she loved her books, so we both immediately clicked when we sat next to each other in our politics class. It was refreshing having someone of high intellect to talk to, and we both did all the same subjects so I could see myself spending a lot of time with her. I was studying Politics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry. It was a huge work load  but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Yeah, my sister did Physics-"

My phone vibrated indicating a call. Cecilia popped on the caller I-D.

"Sorry hold on, I have to take this call"  I said pausing Maria quickly. I was actually interested in what she had to say and I didn’t wanna miss a word.

"Hello?"

"Aaliyah?"

"Yeah babe?"

"Where are you?"

"I just left college now, walking down my hill, why?"

"Come meet me please"

"Now?"

"Please?"

"What's wrong?"

"I'll explain when I see you cause its long and I really just wanna hug right now"

"Ite, where do you wanna met - come mine, my mums at home but she's has her boyfriend over so she'll won't bother us"

"Ite, I'm on my way now"

"Okay, bye"

I was worried. What was going on with her- she sounded scared and worried on the phone.  Maria and I carried on our conversation until we had to part ways; we hugged and went our separate ways. I walked home as my house wasn't that far from the college. When I got to my door Cecilia was standing outside wiping tears. I ran up to hug her quickly.

"Cecilia what's wrong?" I said whilst taking out my keys and hugging her.

"Steven" that carried a number of things that he could have done

"Sh*t you’re not pregnant are you?" I said looking at her, she said that they didn't ever have sex unprotected but who knew?

"No. Nothing like that"

"Then what?" I was so worried; this was the first time that I had ever seen Cecilia cry and sh*t boy I was worried.

"He hit me."

I stopped.

"He what?" my Nigerian accent slipped. I held my ear and tried to listen again.

"He punched me in my face."

I located my keys and opened my door. I shouted up to my mum I was home and took Cecilia to the study room. It was the most colourful and bright room in the house, and it had four bean bags you could slouch on.