4. Actions speak louder than words

Power

-Actions speak louder than words

Monday morning. I woke to yesterday afternoons events replaying in my head. That actually pissed me, who was to shout at me. Just thinking about it was making me angry. I had a shower, got dressed and walked down my staircase. First thing I noticed was suite cases in my wide hallway.

''Aalliyah is that you?''

''Yeah Mum, who else'' I was an only child.

''Okay miss grumpy'' she emerged from the kitchen wearing her uniform ''well I'm off on a business trip to China for a really big client.'' My Mum was Nigerian, dark skinned, but beautiful, I know that all kids think that their Mums are beautiful, but mine was beyond it. She always had weave in, smart suites and unbelievable high high heels.

''Okay, what did he get caught for, illegally selling DVD's?'' I said jokingly

''Client confidentiality'' she was one of the top lawyers for the country and worked for a worldwide law firm, her trips around the world weren't unusual, but normally I would just visit my Grandma while she was gone but she died 3 months ago (R.I.P)

''Your cousin's kindly offered to look after you, aren't you lucky'' she said smiling. My Mum could be so naive sometimes

1. He will have a house all to himself except for me and my house was above average

2. My Mum will probably feel the need to 'treat him'

3. He was 18-Only one thing on his mind

That's Nigerians for you right! My cousin was Samuel- Sam to most. He was black but not blick, but not light, he had a 'shape-up' as he called it; very Hench. In my eyes he was just like Omari and if anything he was worse, but sadly only me in my whole family ever saw that, everyone else worships everything he does. I swear if they could they would happily wipe his bottom after he had Dihareea.

''He will be here by the time you come back from school, there's money in your account for emergencies, but Samuel has money as well encase you need anything; behave okay?''

''always do right''

''yeah I know you do, I'm sorry that I'm always gone''

''its okay, you're there when I need you'' I really truly meant it, me and my Mum were really close, if anything happened to here, my whole world would crash and burn. No Joke.

''Do you need a lift to school?''

''No thanks, think I'll walk or get a bus''

''Okay then bye honey'' she kissed my cheek and left taking her luggage.

About 10 mins later I grabbed my bag and made my way to Michelle's house, my best friend. She only lived 2 streets down from me, which came very convenient. We had known each other for years, 10 to be exact, I loved her like my sister, we agreed on everything, except one thing. Omari. She loved him off and didn't see why I disliked him; she thought I was just in denial. I informed of what happened on Sunday, I slightly shuddered even thinking; if he had hit me.

''Wow; does he look sexy when his angry?'' I stared at her and rolled my eyes

''he never looks sexy''

''oh whatever we both know you wish he was your man''

She sometimes pissed me off, she was starting to talk like education isn't free, having her skirt shorter, but I decided to keep quiet cause the truth of the matter s that she was my only friend; everyone else was just aqquatinces in my eyes.

We got on the bus and who's there?

Omari 'Bipolar dick' Jones, boys and girls were at the back arguing over something stupid I presumed. As soon as I saw him and he saw me, I sat down at the nearest seat possible, Michelle was pissed cause she wanted to go to the back and grab unneeded attention to herself, and drag me down with her.

''arrgh why you sitting here for mayn''

''why are you referring me to a man'' she just screwed me

I ignored it and focused my attention on the argument behind me

'' I'm getting a tattoo on my face just under my eye'' Steven said, he was very good looking, and that's coming from me, he was Omari's best friends since year 7

'' why would you Get A tattoo On Your Face'' Omari's voice boomed the bus

''loool shutup after you told me you wanted a smiley face under your lip, who does that?''

'' ill cusss you hard if u got that; mandem stop lying I would never do that''

'' cuss me all u want ill still get more girls than you''

'' looool shut up you paigon after mans heard you're still a virgin''

''FAHM, I'VE BEAT MORE CHICKS THAN CHLOE'S BACKED BRAIN''

Silence-Utter Silence- why do boys always get emotional is they are called gay or virgins, that will always seize to amze me. I turned slowly, hoping Chloe was on the bus so I could see her face. I actually HATED her, it's bad to hate I know but if she did to you what she did to me; I think you would fell the same; maybe worse. Thinking of that day clouded my mood, but was soon lifted when Chloe was lost for words, what could she say?'' No I didn't''? Cause EVERYONE bloody well knew what she did. She always went for the guys that liked to show off, but she can he blame but herself?

''Babe; ain't you gonna say noting?'' she helplessly looked at Omari

''why should I?'' he chuckled

''Cause I'm you're wifey''

Omari and Steven started cracking up, they would calm down, look at her then eacth other, the start again. She sat there speechless, everyone was baffled, they way Chloe told girls to back of Omari and how she was his wifey, that's what everyone believed

They contained themselves and Omari spoke ''Chloe don't get me wrong you're sexy and shit, but you're not wifey material-you're just a regular link''

OhMyGod' He said that so blankly looking at her, in front of basically the school, because this was getting videoed. Steven started sniggering in the background and laughter broke out between them. I almost felt sorry for her, then the devil on shoulder slapped me silly and reminded me what she did, I smiled smugly and turned around.

Our stop came and we got off the bus, Michelle decided to be long and go McDonalds, arrgh cant she just have a nutricional breakfast at home? We got there and it's was busy so I sat down while she ordered her food.

And guess who decides to sit right in front of me?

Omari.

What did he have to say for himself?