(BOOK 3) Chapter 32 - Pull Up To My Ex With My Feelings Missing

Not even they can stop me now
Boy, I’ll be flying overhead
Their heavy words can’t bring me down
Boy I've been raised from the dead

No one even knows how hard life was
I don't even think about it now because
I've finally found you
Oh, sing it to me

Now my life is sweet like cinnamon
Like a fucking dream I'm living in
Baby love me cause I'm playing on the radio

How do you like me now?

Pick me up and take me like a vitamin
'Cause my body's sweet like sugar venom oh yeah
Baby love me cause I'm playing on the radio

Radio – Lana Del Rey

Cecilia and I trailed in Next through the baby section. Although I say Cecilia and I, Steven was there also. But he was on his phone trailing behind us. I was helping Cecilia buy some baby clothes without buying myself some winter clothes. I heard that Bristol was even colder than London in winter.

“This is cute.” She pulled a cute pink baby grow out of the rack. It said Mummy’s Princess in glittery bright pink writing. She turned and showed Steven but he made a face. He was adamant that his son/daughter would in fact be a boy. Cecilia decided she didn’t want to know the sex, but Steven claimed that he had a third eye, and that the baby was definitely a boy. Anything we pulled out and showed him that looked “feminie” he wouldn’t like.

Cecilia kissed her teeth and put it in the basket anyway. She was sure their baby was a girl. I was just happy she had decided to have this baby in the first place.

“You excited?” Cecilia asked as we went up the escalator, leaving Steven in the men’s section. I nodded. I had butterflies every time I thought about. It was month to go, I blinked and it was 3 weeks, now I only had just under 2 weeks and I was out of London. I had butterflies, but I told myself they were the good butterflies. “I’m going to miss you loads.” She sighed.

“I know! But I’ll come back just when you’re about to pop. And I’ll be back for you and Stevens wedding.” She laughed but tutted.

“We will never get married!” She defended but I say the sly smile that spread across her mouth. “We’ll kill each other first.”

“You tried to kill each other.” I replied thinking back to all the fights they had.  They had shouted at each other every time they would see each other, to when they actually physically fought. I remembered when she spat at him and he punched her. After that, I never thought that they would talk again, let alone now be civil and joking with each other.  “Are you still speaking to Marcus?” I asked picking up a fur coat. Cecilia nodded at the coat and I looked for my size.

“It was one of Stevens’ conditions.” Steven and Cecilia had written up a contract for each other that they had to abide by. One of Stevens’ conditions was that Cecilia didn’t speak to Marcus. “But he called me the other day.”

“Did you pick up?” She nodded avoiding my gaze. She knew what look I would have given her. Although Steven and C weren’t back together properly, he was trying for both of them. I’m sure there was things on his contract he didn’t like, but listened to.

“I know Aaliyah. I told Steven though. I couldn’t lie.”

“And what did he do?”

“We got into an argument, then he wanted to go fxck up Marcus.”

“Did he?”

“No, I convinced him to stay at home.” She smiled at me. I rolled my eyes but smiled knowing just how she connived him to stay home.