112-Minchan : Game

Title: Game

Ship: Minchan

TW

  Life is a beautiful game. The graphics are beyond what any human could replicate, though some can't see it in the same ways as others, a few can't see it at all. Each player is different, and unique. There are the pro-gamers, the ones who can make through life with only a few bumps in the road. There are the aesthetic gamers, the ones who are only in for the beauty of life. Lastly, there are the non-gamers, the ones who don't want to be in the game of life. So they escape it the only way they know how.

  Suicide.

  Though, many don't succeed. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to finish the game in this way. It's the only ending they want.

  Lee Minho falls under the non-gamer category. His own mind nitpicking at every little thing about him until he feels too numb to care anymore. Too numb to keep playing the game.

  Minho watches as everything around him falls apart. First, his living space. His house becomes a living disaster. Second, his relationships. Everyone slowly leaves him to his own misery.

  Everything around Minho gives him every reason to quit the game of life.

  But he keeps playing, hoping that maybe one day, something will come in and helps him play the game.

  Minho arrives as work a few minutes early, his freckled covered co-worker still working his shift at the counter of the cafe. Minho approaches him, giving him a fake smile as a greeting.

  "Hey, Minho." Felix greets as he leans onto the counter. He glances at the clock on the mint-colored wall. "You still have ten or so minutes until your shift. Want anything?"

  Minho looks up at the menu, pondering for a few moments if his body could handle a coffee or a tea. A sugary coffee couldn't hurt.

  "I'll have a eggnog latte." Minho says, letting his held in breath leave his lungs.

  "Alright. Don't worry about paying, it's on the house." Felix winks.

  "Thanks, Felix." Minho gives the younger man a soft, closed-lipped smile.

  "It's nothing. I know your living situation right now isn't the best." Felix says as he starts to turn around to make the drink.

  "That's my fault." Minho sighs. "Don't try to make yourself help me. I'll be fine."

  Felix rolls his eyes, his back still facing his depressed co-worker.

  Within a few minutes, Felix finishes the drink and hands it over to Minho.

  "Five minutes. Go sit down and I'll let you know when I'm leaving." Felix says, gesturing with his head over to the empty table by the counter.

  Minho sits down, sipping down the latte drink as he pulls his phone out. He scrolls through social media mindlessly to pass time.

Eventually, Felix hangs up his apron and notifies Minho of his turn. Minho takes Felix's place with his own apron. He places a fake smile on his face to greet the costumers.