54-Seungjin : Locket

Title: Locket

Ship: Seungjin

-

Seungmin stumbled backwards as his backpack was ripped from him. He watched as the other students emptied out his backpack before dropped the bag.

"Where's his phone?" One asked, digging through the stuff that now sat on the ground.

Another picked it up, swinging it in front of Seungmin's face. "Looks like it doesn't have enough cracks."

He slammed it on the ground, and before the boy could stomp on it, Seungmin reached for it, and his hand was crushed instead. "Ah!"

"If you didn't grab it I wouldn't have stepped on it, stupid."

Seungmin held the phone up to his face to see the amount of new cracks littering the screen. His dad was going to be pissed.

"He has a necklace with a girl in the locket."

Seungmin's head snapped up to see them holding onto the silver necklace, swinging it back and forth as they gave it a sour look.

"Don't touch that!" Seungmin shouted, reaching for the necklace.

The one boy holding it pulled away. "Don't tell me what to do." He said, flicking Seungmin in the forehead.

"Look, if he likes it so much." The shorter one took the necklace from his hand, putting it on the ground before harshly stepping on the locket.

Seungmin got to his knees and quickly collected the now broken locket. Tears welled up in his eyes. How could they have done this to the necklace that belonged to his mother?

"He's gonna cry."

They started to laugh.

-

Seungmin travelled to the rooftop, carrying the necklace in his hands close. He stared at the broken pieces, and the photo that broke in half.

His mother passed away two years ago. He got her necklace, which he put a picture of her in. His last two years without her had been hard. He started to get bullied, all his friends turned on him, his dad lost his job and had just found a low paying one, and he was recently diagnosed with depression.

He opened up the rooftop door and sat down near the edge of the fence.

Tears flowed down his face, his heart starting to ache. When would death come and take him? Would he have to do it himself?

Someone sat next to him.

"Sorry, you looked sad when I saw you come up here."

Seungmin looked over to see the chess club's leader. He was very known for being very good looking, especially for being the nerd that he was.

"I'm Hyunjin." He said with a smile. "You're Seungmin, aren't you?"

Seungmin nodded.

"You were the kid in middle school that sang riptide, right?"

Seungmin nodded once again. Back in middle school, he had much more confidence than he did now.

Hyunjin nodded as his eyes travelled to what Seungmin was holding.

"That's your mother, right?"

"How'd you know?"

Hyunjin shrugged. "I heard that when she first passed away, someone told you to get over it and caused like a bunch of students to get in trouble."

Seungmin remembered that. That was the time when his self-esteem first dropped.

"I'm sorry that happened."

"It's okay." Seungmin gave a little smile. "Sometimes life isn't as fair as people wish it was."

"Yeah."