108-Changlix : The Elf Prince

Title: The Elf Prince

Ship: Changlix

Felix sucked in the fresh, clean air of the powerful forest. The trees swayed with the wind, the purple leaves sparkly with power of the earth. The white bark shined. Felix's bare feet stood on the soft, green grass. His pants were bunched up to below his knees. His loose vest showing off his smooth, pale skin.

He slowly opened his eyes, suddenly being startled by the noise of something sliding into the nearly dried up creek. Felix looked over at the dirt, taking in the human who was now covered in mud.

What was a human doing so far out into the forest?

He sat up, coughing out the dirty water he had inhaled. When his eyes landed on Felix, he scrambled to his feet and held out his tiny blade. "I have a weapon."

Felix nodded. "I can see that." He cocked his head as he examined the blade. It was clean. "It's tiny."

"Wha—no it's not!" The human said.

Felix ignored his sentence of denial. "Do all humans carry those?"

"No. B-but we all carry weapons!"

Felix chuckled. This human was clearly afraid of him, when it should have been the other way around. His kind had been after his species for decades. The war was far from over, both Felix and his people knew that. They had been killing elves on the spot, not giving them any time to defend themselves. Felix had never seen what they did to the ones that were merely just arrested, but he wasn't sure he wanted to.

"I'm not going to hurt you, human." Felix said, turning towards him. "That's not fair."

"Not fair?" The human cocked his head. "You kill my kind all the time!"

Felix's small faltered. He took in the appearance of the human, guessing he was a new adult. In human years, Felix was much older than this human, but if he compared elf years to human years (which was much more accurate) he was younger than this human. He wore poor village clothes, ones that he had only seen a few times when searching for lost elves.

"We could never." Felix said. "Your kind kills us. Is that what they teach you? That you're the victims?"

  The human put the blade down. "Yes. . ."

  Felix scoffed. "Your kind is lying to you."

  "Who are you to say that?" The human said.

  "What is your name human?"

  The human hesitated. "Changbin."

  "I am Felix, Elf Prince of the North."