149-Hyunho: The Hand That Feeds

Title: The Hand That Feeds

Ship: Hyunho

TW: assault, like major assault, blood, a bit of gore, hallucinations

When one gets themselves involved in the supernatural world, you usually expect it's because they got turned into a supernatural. They were bit by a werewolf, they somehow drank a vampire's very stale blood (seriously, what?), or maybe they became possessed by a demon or something. The list goes on.

But not Hyunjin. When he was exposed to the supernatural world, it was through his very stupid friend, Felix. He wasn't sure how he ended up where he was, but when he disappeared for two weeks, Hyunjin was beginning to think he was dead. Until he turned up at his door, pale as a snowman, and asked him to come to a supernatural academy as one of the few humans, and well, be a fucking feeder.

Hyunjin was horrified when he first discovered Felix was a vampire. Turned out, the pale guy that he had been pinning over for the last few months was actually a vampire on summer vacation who told Felix that the only way they could be together, was if Felix drank his blood and became a vampire.

So yeah. That's how Hyunjin became one of the few students attending SAA (Stay Alive Academy. A stupid name, really. Who ever came up with it was not a creative thinker) that was human with an assigned vampire that drank from him on the daily. And unluckily for him, Felix was not his assigned vampire.

"What?" Hyunjin whispered, holding Felix's hand a little tighter. "Did they forget I was here, or like? What?"

Felix gently rubbed Hyunjin's hand with an awkward smile. "Maybe they thought it would be weird if I was feeding from you. Since, you know, we're friends?"

Felix didn't sound too convinced himself, which didn't make Hyunjin feel any better about these new arrangements. He had just got here and was sitting with a load of other freshmen or new students, most of who were newborn vampires who were given a similar lecture to Felix, "you're idiot for your decision and we will chastise you for it". The humans? They were given profound apologies for their involvement in their world and were told they'd be treated with the upmost respect.

Hyunjin wasn't sure how much he believed that.

"And, Seungmin and Changbin." He finished off, clearing his throat as he let the pages fall back down. "If I did not call your name, please come see me. You're dismissed to go find and meet your boarding mates."

People began to stand, and Hyunjin immediately squeezed Felix's hand even tighter as they stood. "Okay Um. Can you come with me? I don't wanna walk around this place alone—most of these people are much stronger than me and—"

"Hey." Felix put a hand over Hyunjin's, turning his body to face the older. He had a soft smile on his face as he addressed him, melting Hyunjin's anxieties just a tad bit. Not enough though. He still felt like exploding. "I'll go with you. I'll be with you until the dorms, okay? You're my best friend, there's a reason I asked you here."

Hyunjin smiled at that. He could always count on Felix. Maybe he made stupid decisions sometimes, and wasn't so great at balancing his priorities, but he was great at everything else. He had always been there for Hyunjin, and now it was his turn. "Okay."

They walked up to the guy at the podium. A werewolf, they were told, named Mr. Choi. He made it clear that he wouldn't be tolerated being called anything else at the beginning of the assembly. He was terribly scary, which did not make Hyunjin any more confident about mentioning that his name was not in fact called.

But Hyunjin didn't have to say anything. As soon as Mr. Choi's eyes landed on him, he opened his mouth with an "ah, Hwang Hyunjin. Yes?"

Hyunjin swallowed. He gave a curt nod. "Yes, sir."