35-Minsung : Drown

Title: Drown

Ship: Minsung

Omg look who's back. Yes, hi. I'm probably going to turn to this book a bit more. Sorry for the extremely long break.
Alright, here you go.

-

"Minho!"

Jisung's high pitched voice rang in Minho's ears, slightly muffled. He could hear the footsteps, coming for him as he fell back.

Jisung. Jisung was running at him with his hand outstretched, ready to grab onto Minho and pull him back from falling. Minho. Minho was falling back from standing on the bridge, heading for the large body of water underneath that they called a lake.

This is what he wanted. Right? Jisung was finished with him way before this day, but it was not until then that he realized it.

While walking across the walls of the bridge, Jisung seemed a bit annoyed to be with Minho. His eyebrows were furrowed and his hands were fidgety. Minho saw this behavior times before, it stood out to him this time. The other times, they were with others, but alone, Minho felt unloved by his long term crush and childhood best friend.

Minho's feet left the cement, and Jisung was leaning over it, his hand closing to a fist as if he had grabbed Minho before he was out of reach. Minho was falling, though. Far beyond Jisung's reach.

Jisung screamed at Minho, though the older boy seemed to be blocking out the sounds around him.

Minho knew he was right when Jisung pushed away from the edge.

His back hit the water harshly, and he sunk into the lake.

Minho closed his eyes, and his body immediately held in his breath.

Letting his mouth open, Minho hoped to inhale water, and let himself drown. To not be loved back, and instead hated by someone he grew up next to and took a big liking to, was something unpleasant and painful.

Minho felt no water be inhaled until the last second, when he passed out.

He woke up inside a white room, two sounds. One; being the heart monitor, and two; crying.

Minho felt his hand being held tightly. So tight he swore his blood circulation could be cut off. When he looked over to see who it was, he felt relieved and anxious at the same time.

Jisung had his head tucked under his arm on the bed, his other hand squeezing Minho's. He crying harshly, shaky sniffs here and there. What Minho was paying attention to was who it was. Jisung, the boy he just tried to kill himself over, was sitting next to him hospital bed, ripping his eyes balls out with tears.

Minho closed his eyes and squeezed Jisung's hand in return.

The harsh crying came to a halt, and was instead replaced by hiccups, sniffs, and unsteady breathing. Jisung moved his head to look at their intertwined hands before looking up at Minho's face.

"Minho?"

Minho opened his eyes again, meeting Jisung's puffy and bloodshot ones. His face was swollen and his cheeks were red. His hair was a mess. It looked like when Minho used to go up behind Jisung and just run his hands through it widely.

"I'm sorry." Minho whispered.

Jisung frowned, and his face crumpled up like he was going to cry again. He pounced forward and threw his arms around Minho.

"You idiot. Never ever do that again. You could've died. You really could've died. It's not a f**king exaggeration. You could've-"

"I get it." Minho hugged Jisung back. "I won't do it again. I promise."

"You better promise."

"Pinky promise."