20-Jeongchan : Eye Witness

Requested by : @BaekyBooo

Title: Eye Witness

Ship: Jeongchan

"Yeah, some mafia named Apollo." Jeongin's friend, Park Jisung, continued to talk about mafia news he got from the internet. Jeongin always seemed to be the only one uninterested in the type of talk Jisung did.

"What did you say his name was?" Chenle, Jeongin's other friend, asked.

"Bang Chris. He's foreign apparently."

"Apparently? Jisung, where the hell do you get this stuff?" Jeongin finally asked.

"The internet." Jisung shrugged, causing Jeongin to groan.

"Dumbest answer yet."

Jisung huffed. "They are real, Jeongin. Just wait until you become one of their targets. You do live in a pretty shady area."

"I live in an area where gangs are, Jisung. Not mafia groups." Jeongin retorted.

"They could be there." Chenle chipped in.

Jeongin sighed and shook his head. "Whatever you guys want to believe. I know I don't live where Mafias are, okay? It's clean of that. Just gang."

"I'm surprised you haven't accidentally joined one yet." Jisung said, looking Jeongin up and down.

"Why you little-" Jeongin stood with a fist up in the air, threatening to hurt the younger boy.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Even though I meant it." Jisung shrugged.

"They stay away from me because they know who my dad is." Jeongin said as he sat back down.

"Even though he left to live in a shady neighborhood." Chenle scoffed.

Jeongin glared at him. "Because my mom got most of the custody. My dad has half custody, I only get to see him once a week and when that time comes, half of the time I'm sitting in his office doing absolutely nothing. That stupid business man doesn't even have time for his own son." Jeongin pouted.

Jisung looked down at his watch, making a sour expression at the time.

"Our little lunch date is over, fam. My mom wants me home to watch my brother."

"I should go, too. I wasn't even supposed to come to this date." Chenle chuckled.

"I need to get home and pack for my two days with my dad." Jeongin sighed as he stood up with the other two. "I'll see you guys at school."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye."

"See ya."

Jeongin grabbed his bag and swung over his shoulder, taking off home.

It was true that Jeongin lived in a shady neighborhood despite being the son of a large company boss. His parents were divorced and his mother ended up getting most of the custody since his father nearly just left him without even trying to fight for custody. Jeongin accepted the fact that his father probably did not care for him much and moved on.

As Jeongin walked down the jagged sidewalk, next to the bumpy road that no one used, he heard many running footsteps. He assumed it was just some gang members and ignored it.

He turned the corner, scratching his head before hearing a loud gunshot. This sounded like it was right in front of him.

Slowly, Jeongin looked up from his phone to see three men surrounding a dead body. One was holding a gun, another was holding the body in a restrained manner, while the other stood behind the one with the gun staring right at Jeongin.