65-Chansung : The Worst Day To Love Someone

IB an edit by isaacskz (miss him 😞)

Title: The Worst Day To Love Someone

Ship: Chansung

-

Chan jumped when a pair of lips collided with his cheek. Looking over, he saw his cute little boyfriend, eye-smile and everything. He broke out into a smile seeing that he was wearing his hoodie that was a teensy bit too big.

"Hey, baby." Chan greeted, pulling the younger into his lap in front of the music set he had up.

Jisung willingly dropped into Chan's lap, snuggling up under his chin. "Hi."

"Did you just wake up?" Chan asked, continuing his work in front of him.

"Mm." Jisung hummed, not giving a clear answer as to if he did or not.

Chan chuckled. "I'll take that as a yes."

Jisung didn't reply, but instead, continued to relax into Chan's warmth.

Chan finished up the track he was working on before turning his undivided attention to Jisung.

"Hey, Ji. You wanna go watch a movie?"

Jisung didn't answer.

"Jisung?"

Chan quickly noticed that not only was Jisung not responding, but Jisung's body was limp and his breath was gone.

Chan panicked, placing Jisung on his back on the floor, then fished out his phone from his pocket.

Jisung had been getting headaches and a stiff neck the last few days. There was even a time he felt dizzy. They brushed it off, which Chan was now regretting.

Something was terribly wrong with Jisung.

-

"Mr. Bang?"

Chan's head snapped up, seeing the doctor in front of him. "Is he okay?" Chan asked as he stood.

"Well, he made it through the surgery. We were able to stop the internal bleeding, but I'm afraid he may have lost too much blood for him to get through recovery." The Doctor explained. "We're trying our best to make sure he gets through, though. Would you like to see him?"

Chan nodded. "Yes please."

Chan was left alone in a room with Jisung, who was hooked up to with too much equipment to make Chan feel safe. He had a breathing mask, an IV, an oxygen tube.

The heart monitor was driving Chan crazy. There were times he swore his heart sped up, or it missed a beat.

Maybe Chan was just too worried.

Chan slipped his hand into Jisung's intertwining them. He frowned when Jisung's hand laid limp in his. There was no grip at all, and Jisung was cold.

"Have you always been this cold?" Chan whispered, placing his other hand on top of Jisung's.

Chan frowned when the only thing he got in response was the beeping noise of the heart monitor.

Which sped up.

Chan knew for a fact he wasn't going crazy this time. The door was slammed open and he was asked to step away.

"What's happening?" Chan asked.

"He's bleeding again! Get an OR open!"

Chan's heart dropped. How did that happen? They said the surgery was successful.

A nurse came up to him. "He's alright to go into surgery again, right, Mr. Bang?"

Chan nodded his head, not having the right amount of energy to respond properly.

They were rushing him out of the room when the heart monitor flat lined.

It flat lined.

Chan held his breath, hoping they could quickly save him and get him back into surgery.

After a few minutes of waiting in the room while they rushed him away, shouting "code blue! Code blue!", a doctor walked in with a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Bang."

Chan slowly stood up, hoping that this was a joke.

"We couldn't get him into surgery in time."

Chan frowned.

There it was.

Just like that, he was gone.

Chan learned that day, the worst day to love someone was the day that you lose them.