80-Hyunho : Forget

Title: Forget

Ship: Hyunho

-

It's things we should remember the most that we forget. Like the password to your phone, you forget it after using your fingerprint after so many times. Or how to solve a math problem after a summer of none of it. Everyday things that turn into once in awhile things are what we forget.

But sometimes, when an incident or an accident occurs, you forget more than you can control. More than you can afford.

My best friend drove off the road after someone cut in front of us, crashing into a tree. It hit more on his side. The glass broke and we both smacked forward into the dashboard. The airbags didn't work like they were supposed to.

I see him everyday still, but he doesn't know who I am. I don't even look familiar to him. I'm just another student blending into the background of his life, a new fresh one to him.

That is, until we meet in dance.

He introduces himself as if it's the first meeting me, and I play along.

"I'm Minho, it's nice to meet you." He says, holding his hand out for a handshake.

I take his hand. "Hyunjin." I reply.

When I turn to Chan, he gives me a sad look. He knows what happened, but we both know we can't just tell Minho that I was the person in the car with him.

Though, I wish I could have the courage for that.

We stop for a short snack break after dancing for half the class period.

I notice what Minho picks up to eat, and quickly stop him noticing that it clearly has peanuts in it. "It's got nuts." I say.

He gives me a look of realization and let's me take it.

"Thanks. How did you know I had a peanut allergy?" He asks.

"Umm." I try to quickly think up an excuse. "Lucky guess?"

He crosses his arms. "I'm not stupid. How did you know?"

I bite my bottom lip, unsure of what to say.

"Are you stalker?"

"No! No no no no." I quickly say, waving my hands at him.

"Did I know you before the car crash?"

The room goes silent, everyone watching us. Every single person in this room knew Minho before the accident, but I was the one who fell in love with him.

"Yes. . ." I trail off, unsure how he would take it.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks.

"I. . ." I shrug my shoulders.

"How did I know you? Wait, can you tell me who was in the car with me? No one will tell me."

"Maybe it's better that way." Chan quickly cuts in. "There's a few reasons people won't tell you that, Minho."

"Did you know me?" Minho points at Chan. "Wait. How many people here knew me?"

"Everyone." Our little Jeongin speaks up.

Minho's face drops. "Then one of you was in the car with me, huh?"

I approach him quietly and slowly. I slide my hand over my forehead and lift my hair to show off the nasty scar on my face that a huge piece of glass stuck into. "It was me."

"You were in the car with me?"

I nod my head. "Someone drove in front of you. You turned and crashed into a tree. I was the lucky one."

He takes a deep breath.

"How could I forget someone like you?"