21-Minsung : Promise Ring

Title: Promise Ring

Ship: MinSung

I've been obsessed with MinSung lately, ever since I biased Jisung oh jeez.

"It's not like I go out and be ho!"

"Oh, so you're calling your own boyfriend a ho now? I see how it is."

"You go out to f**king clubs without me like it's not affecting me."

"You still have tinder on your phone!"

"Because I haven't gone through my phone since we got together!"

"Or you're just looking for another boo behind my back."

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Because you're an inconsiderate b**ch."

"Says the one who goes out to clubs."

"You know what, Minho? I'm done talking to you. I can sleep on the couch tonight."

"Fine."

Minho stared at the sleeping figure on the couch, curled up in Minho's favorite hoodie as he slept. Would he say goodbye to the one he still loved?

Minho looked down at his promise ring that Jisung had gotten him for his birthday.

Minho shook his head and turned around, placing a hand on the doorknob.

"Hyung?"

Minho froze and looked back at Jisung. He frowned. The boy was talking in his sleep again.

"Mm." He hummed, bringing his knees closer to his chest. "I love you."

Minho lightly huffed. "I love you, too." Minho whispered back before opening the door and leaving.

"I'm sorry, Ji."

-

"Minho!"

"Ah!" Minho slipped off his bed and fell to the floor with a loud THUMP.

Minho looked up at his roommate, giving him a sour look. "Chan Hyung, I swear."

"Don't swear child." Chan pointed at him before walking towards the door. "Hyunjin's party is today."

Minho rolled his eyes and stood. Hyunjin was holding a party just for fun. The two roommates had gotten news that he had gotten a new boyfriend and they were more than excited to meet him.

Minho felt a pinch in his finger and saw his ring was twisting. He twisted it back and stared down at it. He never threw the promise ring away.

Minho was afraid of forgetting the younger boy and kept the ring. None of Minho's friends now knew Minho had even dated in the past as he refused to talk about his relationships. They all respected him.

Minho got ready and about an hour later, the duo headed off to their younger friend's party.

When they arrived, Hyunjin was waving at them to come inside since they were earlier.

"Hey hyungs!" Hyunjin greeted.

"Hey, Hyunjin." Chan greeted.

"Hi, Hyunjin. How are you?" Minho asked as he hugged the taller boy.

"I've been great. How about you, two?"

"I'm okay." Chan shrugged.

"I could be better." Minho shrugged. "I wish I could've gotten more sleep but-"

"You're still having nightmares."

That voice.

Hyunjin turned around and smiled. "Hey, Jisung. You know Minho Hyung?" He asked.

Jisung walked forward and stood next to Hyunjin, staring at Minho. He looked down at his hands, taking in that he still had the promise ring.

"Did you leave that night because of our fight?" Jisung asked, confusing the other two in the room.

Minho crossed his arms as he took in his former boyfriend. Ignoring his question, he smiled. "Is this your boyfriend, Hyunjin?"

"Um. No, actually. My boyfriend went out to get cake." Hyunjin said. "Jisung is just our roommate."

"Ah, I see." Minho nodded.

"Minho." Jisung said sternly. "Answer my question."

Minho looked at the hoodie he was wearing. Wow, he kept it. Minho thought.

"Why aren't you answering me?" Jisung asked.

"Why do you care so much?" Minho finally asked, making eye contact with Jisung. As his eyes moved up to make contact, he noticed a bruise on his neck. It looked like a hickey.

"Because you idiot." Jisung started. "I still love you."

"Oh sh*t." Chan cursed. He grabbed Hyunjin's arm and pulled him out of the room.

"You didn't even trust me. What's the point of that relationship, Jisung? It wasn't healthy." Minho shook his head. "I didn't leave because we fought, I left because we had a unhealthy relationship."

"Then why do you still have that?" Jisung pointed at his ring.

Minho stared Jisung. He could tell this whole thing was breaking him.

"I didn't want to forget you." Minho answered. "I never stopped loving you either, I just didn't like our relationship. We didn't trust each other and that caused us to fight."

"Can we start over?" Jisung asked, taking a step forward.

Minho sighed. "It's going to be a repeat, Ji. I'm not dating you again, I'm sorry."

Minho walked past Jisung and into where the other went, leaving the younger boy as broken as ever.

Minho just wore a promise ring that held a broken promise.