96-Minsung : Hoodie

Title: Hoodie

Ship: Minsung

Jisung sat on the rooftop, shivering in the cold. His lips were chapped, flaking off as the wind hit him. His hair smacked lightly together with the wind, his hood atop his head. His hands clenched the zipper on each side of the jacket, pulling it closer for warmth. The cigarette burn holes weren't helping him warm up at all. It only left more places for the cold wind to touch him. His lip and left cheek was in pain from the abuse at home. Sitting on the rooftop was his only safe place.

  Jisung looked up at the sky. "Hyung." He whispered. "Where are you?"

  "Han Jisung!" His father called angrily. The flap to the rooftop smacked open, his father appearing with angry eyes. Jisung looked back, taking in his father's angry demeanor. "Where is your mother?"

  He's drunk again. Jisung thought.

  "She's gone, Dad." Jisung said. "She left two years ago."

  "How dare you talk to me like that?!"

  His father reached forward, grabbing Jisung's hood and dragging him back into the house. He threw Jisung down the ladder, letting him smack the ground with a loud THUMP. He climbed down, letting the flap close. He kicked Jisung to the side, grabbing another bottle of alcohol.

  Jisung got to his knees, swallowing any noises of pain that wanted to escape him.

  "Disgusting piece of sh*t." His father grumbled, staring down Jisung with no remorse for any of his actions. "Why do you even have the hoodie still? It makes you look homeless."

  Jisung felt tears fill his eyes. "Minho Hyung wasn't homeless."

  "Yeah, yeah." He waved his hand dismissively. "Get out of my sight."

  Jisung stood and walked out the front door. Tears rolled down his face, holding his stomach. His back ached from the fall. His heart hurt from the miss.

  Jisung made his way down the street, stoping at a street light when his eyes landed on a paper posted on it.

  "Missing." Jisung whispered. "Lee Minho." His eyes travelled over the picture before getting down to the description. "Went missing at eighteen." His voice cracked, more tears threatening to spill. "Should now be nineteen." Jisung heaved in the tears, but still let out a sob. "Last seen with. . ." More sobs erupted harshly from Jisung. "Han Jisung, at Union Park." He sobbed out the last few words, letting his head fall. He let himself fall to the ground, leaning onto the street light.

  He cried, cried for the Hyung that made him feel safe. The Hyung that gave him a place to stay when his father was going through another bottle of alcohol. The Hyung that showed him how to be happy. But how could he be happy when he was missing? It's been months and Minho was still all over the news. With no trace to where he went, everyone found it overwhelmingly scary.

  Jisung's phone rang, and shakily he picked it up. Without checking the contact calling him, he answered the call with a sob. "Hello?"

  "Jisung? Are you okay?" It was Chan. "Never mind. I'm coming to get you."

  Jisung shook his head, even though Chan couldn't see him. "I'm not home."

  "Where are you?"

  "Down the street from my house." Jisung sniffed, finally recovering from the breakdown he had just had. "My dad kicked me out."

  "Okay. I'm coming to get you. Then we're going to the police station."

  Jisung sat up. "Why? Did something happen? Did Felix get arrested again?"

  "Well." Chan cleared his throat. "Yeah he did. But that's not why we're going down. Woojin already got him out. They're down there waiting for us."

  "O-okay."

  Chan arrived in his car within minutes, and Jisung climbed in.

  "What are we going down for?" Jisung asked, five minutes into the ride.

  Chan smiled. "It's a surprise. You'll love it." Chan glanced at the hoodie that Jisung had on. "You still have that hoodie?"

  "I never take it off." Jisung said. "The smell faded, though."

  Chan smile grew a little bigger. "That's okay."

  They pulled into the police station and made their way in.

  "Don't you think it's inappropriate for me to walk into a police station looking like this?" Jisung asked as they walked through the doors.

  "Just say you fell down a tree or something." Chan shrugged.

  Jisung turned his head to Felix and Woojin. His face fell and he halted his footsteps. He stared at the third person standing there.

  Minho.

  Jisung took off in a sprint towards the older, smacking him with his aggressive hug. Tears started pouring out of his eyes again, sobs escaping him.

  "Hyung." Jisung cried.

  "Hi, baby." Minho whispered, holding the younger close to him with his hands around his waist. "I'm right here, I'm right here." He whispered in a calm voice. "I'm okay."

  "What happened to you?" Chan asked.

  Woojin jumped in. "Dad took him and tried to keep him there."

  "He didn't hurt me. Just didn't let me use my phone or leave the house until he supposedly "got rights" of me." He shook his head. "That's the exact reason he doesn't."

  "He kept you for months." Felix said. "That's insane."

  Minho shook his head and pulled Jisung off of him to look him straight in the face. His smile dropped when he saw the bruise on his cheek and the busted lip.

  "He did this?"

  Chan put a finger to his lips.

  Minho shook his head. He turned to a police officer and gestured to Jisung. "His dad beats him."

  Jisung felt his breath leave his lungs.

  The police officer looked unfazed. "You need more than just a few scratches for proof, son." Then walked away.

  Jisung looked down.

  Minho quickly changed the subject. "You still have my hoodie?"

  Jisung nodded. "I couldn't let go.

  Even though it hurt."