Back in Time

April 23, 2013: Memory Lane Tour, Reading, England

"Are we really doing this again?" I ask. 

"Oh, we're really doing this. Now get out that camera." Tom instructs. I sigh, holding up the camera. 

"McFly Memory Lane Tour, take one." I say. 

"Hi everyone! Tom here! You're favorite McFly member!" Tom starts. 

"Seriously?" I ask him. 

"It didn't make it into the cut in the last tour video while we were in Reading so I'm making sure it gets in this one! Now can you please video tape me?" He asks. I sigh. 

"McFly Memory Lane Tour, take two." 

"Hi everyone! Tom here! You're favorite McFly member! We are in Reading! At...The Hexagon, I believe it's called. Last Night we were in Nottingham which was good fun; It was a seated show, like...fixed seating so it's always a bit more chilled, but I had fun. I had a hoot...I had some nice fans in front of me who were singing along, made it feel fun, like a nice little atmosphere. And um...today should be good. We've got an off day tomorrow so we're going home after the show tonight which should be fun. I'm looking forward to tonight's show. It's a standing crowd so....it's a nice kind of...intimate-" I zoom the camera in and wiggle my eyebrows and his word choice. "Venue...alright, that's enough." He laughs, pushing the camera down. 

"Nice job. Ever thought of being a TV presenter?" I ask. 

"Nah. I told you, I don't like public speaking. I'll leave the presenting to Emma Willis." He laughs. 

"Hey...how's Matt? Do you know? I haven't spoken to him for a while." I say. 

"He's good, yeah. He was on I'm a Celeb a few years back." 

"What? Really?" I ask. 

"Yeah. Just before Dougie. He won, too." 

"No way." I say. 

"You think they put everyone on that show after rehab?" He laughs. 

"I don't know. Check yourself in and find out." I smirk. 

*******************************

"Boys, how you doing?" I ask, walking into the dressing room and putting down a pack of Red Bull. 

"Good." Harry replies. He's standing in front of the large mirrors, shirtless, doing his hair, while Dougie is tying up his tie (they went for the matching suits again. It had become their trademark, in a way. They wore matching suits for shows, interviews and even in the Love is Easy music video). 

"Alright, I have to go." Dougie says, rushing out of the room without his tie completely done. 

"Wha-where are you going?" I ask. 

"I gotta go talk to my guitar tech." He says. 

"Bass tech!" Tom shouts. 

"Whatever." He shrugs. 

"Okay, well just be back-"

"Twenty minutes before the fans are let in and don't get spotted by them." He finishes. 

"Do I really say it that much?" I ask. Dougie smiles. 

"This isn't my first rodeo, Lilly." He says, walking out of the door. 

"Okay...whatever that means." Just then, I hear Danny groan and turn around to see him standing next to Tom, looking down at his chest. 

"Look-" He starts. 

"You might want to get this on tape, Lil." Harry says. He's putting his shoes on now. I pick up the camera and start recording. 

"I've got a spot on me chest!" Danny says, leaning towards Tom.  "But the problem is, if I squeeze it- it's a hair follicle, so I'll get a hole in my chest- it's not a spot, it's swollen hair follicle." Tom giggles. 

"Why are you leaning into me?" He asks, still giggling. 

"There's two of them stuck together." Danny continues, ignoring Tom. "Erg!" He exclaims, turning away. "I hate them!" Tom continues laughing and give Danny a light slap on his back. 

Now if there's anything you need to know about Danny and Tom, it's that they love hitting each other. They used to slap each other all the time, until Fletch and I made them stop, because Tom would hit Danny so hard he would go red. 

Danny quickly turns around and goes to slap Tom, when I cut in. 

"No! Don't start." I say, grabbing his arm and putting the camera down. I hear Harry laugh from behind us as Danny starts too. I let go of his arm and hold up the camera again. 

"We'll start slapping." He smiles to the camera, which is cute because he just got braces put on. 

**************************

"Good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck." I say, as all the boys and I touch fists before they head out onstage.  Harry's drum kit was hid behind a big red curtain that was drawn away after Danny, Tom and Dougie did a quick acapella rendition of Memory Lane before going into That Girl. 

The stage looked amazing. It had a big sign at the top that looked like the outside of an old theater, and it had their logo on it with big letters that read: LIVE ON STAGE, MCFLY, READING APRIL 23, MEMORY LANE, SOLD OUT. 

When the three boys get onstage in front of the curtain, the crowd immediately starts to cheer louder, even though the only lights on the boys are from the flashes of the fan's cameras. 

They begin to harmonize together. 

So much has changed 

So much has changed 

So much has changed 

So much has changed 

So much has changed 

So much has changed 

So much has changed 

Just then, Dougie's bass frets light up, and Tom and him get into crouching positions as Danny strums his guitar. 

"1, 2, 3, 4!" Danny shouts, as the red curtain drops to reveal Harry, who starts pounding his drums as they begin jumping around playing That Girl. 

//