Strong Enough to Love Someone

April 5, 2011: Above the Noise Tour; Madrid, Spain

"Danny, do you reckon you're a better launcher than me?" Tom asks, as we stand on his and Danny's balcony in the beautiful hotel, looking over the Spanish beaches. 

"No I don't think so." Danny replies. We all hang over the edge of the balcony as Tom gracefully releases the paper airplane he had just made minutes earlier. 

"Woah!" We all exclaim, as it does a loop-de-loop. 

"Woah!" We all say again as it does another one. 

"Woah!" We shout as it swirls around towards the balcony and Danny catches it again. 

"Woah!" Tom screams, all Danny laughs and I stand there in shock. 

"Wow Tom! I take it back! You really are the best paper airplane maker!" I smile. 

"That was awesome!" Danny says. 

"Like one in a million! We should put it on YouTube or something!" He smiles. 

Being on tour had been great, and being in Spain, rather than Gloomy England, had been helpful too. I felt we all needed more vitamin D. 

Unfortunately, I still was in a sleep-deprived fog the whole time.

We all got ready to head down to the beach before the boys had to head to the venue for tonight's show. They all played on this big rope playground structure,  while I sat on the sand. It was harder to stay awake when the warm sun is on you and the sand is so soft...

"Lilly!" Tom yells, and I notice they're covering Dougie in sand. "Come help us!" He smiles. I get up from my place and walk over to them. 

"Traitors!" Dougie exclaims as we all cover him in sand, and then the boys create designs in the sand to make him look like a topless mermaid. 

"Nice work." Harry says, as we stand back and admire our masterpiece. I smile. 

"Well now what?" I ask. 

"We could dig him out." Tom suggests. 

"But why would we do that?" Danny asks. "Destroy our beautiful creation? I think not." 

"We could get ice cream." Harry says. 

"I want ice cream!" Dougie calls. 

"We'll bring you some back, mate." Tom says. 

"What? No!" Dougie starts. 

"What flavor?" Tom asks. 

"Chocolate! Get me out of here guys!" He struggles, but there's too much sand. 

"Relax, Doug." Danny says. "We'll be five minutes. Tops." We laugh, turning towards the ice cream stand. 

***************************

By the time we had all gotten to the venue, my normal tired state was worse than ever. I was the type of tired where you blink rapidly to keep your eyes open, you feel sick, and you start to think the floor looks like a comfortable place to catch a few Z's. 

There was only twenty more minutes until the boys went on, and I was feeling so ill, that I was slumped against the dressing room couch. None of the boys seemed to take much notice, since I was still pretending to be fine and refused to let my eyes close. I just hoped they wouldn't ask me anything, because I felt so sick I didn't think I could speak. 

My head was pounding and I felt incredibly dizzy. I considered visiting their band doctor (a private doctor who always comes on tour with them. Fletch hired him after the Danny-nosebleed incident), but for the most part earlier today I was too busy, and now I felt like I physically couldn't.