Eyes in the Dark

March 5, 2011 

Last night, after the boys played a show at a nightclub, we all received news that two major papers would be putting out articles in the morning about Dougie being in the Priory. Nobody knew how they gained the information, but the boys decided to put out tweets addressing the situation. They didn't want the fans to find out about Dougie through anyone but themselves. The only problem was, Dougie didn't know about any of this. 

We were going to tell him, but Fletch told us not to. He said we'll tell Dougie later. Right now, the only thing he should think about is recovering. 

Because the boys had to be out by seven to do radio interviews today, we all stayed at Tom and Gi's so there was no chance of anyone being late (Danny). 

Sleeping was not getting any easier for me, even at Tom and Gi's. I thought maybe the change in atmosphere would help, but it didn't. I even tried sleeping pills, but none of them worked either. I either wouldn't sleep at all, or only sleep a few hours, only to be woken up by nightmares. 

Harry was in the shower when Tom walked in the front door. He had headed out early this morning to pick up the papers that allegedly had stories on Dougie. 

"Well?" Danny asks, as we see Tom walk in. He nods, setting the papers on the counter. The story was the headline. 

McFly Dougie in the Priory: Agony of Frankie Split 

I shook my head, picking up the paper. 

"They think this is because of Frankie?" I ask. Tom shrugs. "We can't let them say that! It's not true!"

"We're not going to correct them, Lilly." He says. 

"Why?" 

"Because. We put our statement out there. We're not giving away anymore information. It's Dougie's story to tell. If he wants to correct them, then he can, and we'll support him." 

"But it's not the truth." I state. 

"I know that. Dougie knows that. We all know that." 

"So-" 

"We're not getting into this." He says. "We believe it's true. Belief is everything. It doesn't matter what they say." 

But to me, it did. 

Tom leaves Danny and I with the papers, walking upstairs. I wonder how Danny feels. I look to him, and he sighs, looking at me. 

"I reckon he'll freak out about this, so I don't think we should tell him just yet." He says, calmly. If there was anything I admired about Danny, it was how he was somehow keeping his cool the best of all of us through this situation. "That'll just take him a step back from where he is now." I nod my head, but it must be quite clear I'm worried. "Hey." Danny says, putting a hand on my shoulder. I look up at him. "It's out there now and...everything's meant to be." I smile a bit, as he nods and leaves the room. 

******************

When Harry finishes showering, I make my way into the bathroom. I'm too tired after the lack of sleep and the story on Dougie to even think about standing, so I decide to take a bath. 

When I get into the hot water, I instantly feel better. Maybe Danny was right. Maybe it is all meant to be. 

I sink lower into the tub and close my eyes. I know I won't fall asleep, but maybe I can trick my body into thinking I'm sleeping if I close my eyes. 

But before I know it, I'm being jolted out of the water, and someone's holding me firmly by my shoulders. I feel like I just was at the beach in Australia surfing again, and swallowed a bunch of water, so I start coughing.