Can't Keep us Underground

QOTC:What's your favorite Harry hairstyle?

AOTC: the one he has currently. I find the worst was skin head!

Enjoy!

*****************************************************************************

Boxing Day, 2004

Dougie brought me up to his room, and I couldn't help but get the feeling I was about to be murdered.

"Come on." He says, opening the door. I walk in slowly, looking at all the creatures that lie in tanks all around, including the spider I bought him for his birthday. Dougie walks over to a cage, and pulls out a huge lizard, turns around, putting it in my face.

"Ugh, Dougie!" I say backing up, but I feel my feet give out and I land backwards in the indoor-outdoor lizard cage (A/N: Indoor-outdoor lizard cage- a large cage that spans wall to floor that makes reptiles feel like they are outside, when they are inside.)

I quickly get up, recovering from the awkward fall.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm good." I say, trying to play it off cool.

"Right..." He smiles.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing...okay, that was the funniest thing I've ever seen!" He laughs.

"Haha, look at Lilly fall." I say, stepping out of the cage.

"Anyways." Dougie laughs. "This is Zukie." He says.

"Zukie?" I ask.

"Yup."

"What? Fred wasn't a good enough name?"

"I already have a lizard named Fred."

"Of course you do, Dougie."

"Here, hold him." Dougie says, putting the lizard in my hands.

"No, please." I protest, but Zukie still ends up in my hands. "I don't like it, Dougie."

"Hey, you should be honored to hold Zukie. Only people I really trust get to hold him." He says.

"You trust me?" I smile, but drop Zukie, while doing so.

"I did." He says scooping the lizard back up and putting it in the cage.

"Sorry." I say.

"Nah, it's okay. I drop him all the time." Dougie says.

"Good to know." I sit on the unmade bed. "So, why do you like lizards anyways?" I ask.

"They're very interesting to breed."

"You breed them?"

"All the time." He says. "I used to sell the at lizard farms back in Essex, true story." He walks over to a blue bass on a stand in the corner. "That's how I saved up to get this."

"Crikey! You made that much money off creepy crawlies?" I ask.

"Lizards aren't creepy crawlies. Bugs are." He says.

"Really? You're afraid of bugs, but not small dinosaurs?" I ask.

"I'm not afraid, I just don't like them. I'm not going to scream if I see a spider, clearly." He says, gesturing to the tarantula cage on his nightstand. "But as far as I'm concerned, bugs and I haven't had a great history together."

"Why?" I ask.

"Well if you must know," He begins, sitting on the other side of the bed. "When I had lizards when I was in school, I would feed them crickets, and a lot of times crickets would jump out of my pencil case and then you know, kids would beat me up, because crickets came out of my pencil case."

"That's not good." I say.

"Yeah, and if that's not bad enough, once when I was in elementary school, a bug crawled in my ear, and I kinda forgot about it-"

"How?" I ask.

"I don't know I was eight. Anyways, I forgot about it and it cocooned so I had to get it sucked out."

"Ew, Dougie!" I say.

"You asked." He shrugs.

"I asked why you hated bugs, not to tell me the story of how you became one's host!" I say. He laughs.

"Well, anyways, I guess that's all." He says.

"I'll go pack." I say.

"Right." He says. I get up to walk out.

"Wait, Lilly?" He asks.

"Yes Dougie?"

"Thanks. For getting us a show at the Palladium." He smiles.

"Hey, that's what managers are for, right?" I smile, before leaving.

//

Fun Fact:

Dougie did actually have a bug cocoon itself in his ear.