That's the Way the Story Goes

November 15, 2010

I had successfully convinced Jason to take the boys back, and after a well deserved rollicking, they completed two more songs.

After that, things had gone how they always had. How they were supposed to when McFly puts out an album.

All of the boys seemed much happier. Not as happy as I wished they were, but better off with Jason then they were with Dallas. I wondered if Dougie still wanted to leave.

No one had actually spoken to him about it again, but to be fair, he hadn't mentioned it, either. Maybe it was a drunken, stressed out statement. That's what I hoped.

But today was the official day that McFly album five was released.

They called it Above the Noise.

Knowing the album was out, and all this stress would start to fade away was one of the most amazing feelings ever. I felt so great, that when the boys asked me to go out with them tonight to celebrate, I said yes.

Harry and I were going together because Izzy had gone back home for a few days, and I still don't have a car, though I did want to work on getting one.

When we got to the club (some place Dallas had shown them, which gave me bad vibes, but whatever) we saw Tom, Gi, Danny, Georgia, Dougie and some girl standing outside. She was pretty. Tan and tall with dark hair cut into some modern short style that made it look like she had sat in a salon chair and told the stylist to do whatever he wanted.

And, she was holding Dougie's hand.

"Is that Frankie?" I asked Harry as we walked towards them.

"Yeah. Her group's mega famous right now, so don't act weird." Harry says quietly.

"Like I would." I roll my eyes.

"She is Dougie's first girlfriend since you." He says.

"Don't remind me, Harry." I snap. Harry looks at me.

"Do you still-"

"Don't ask me that." I cut him off as we get up to them. We all greet each other with hugs. and I turn to Frankie.

"Lilly, this is my girlfriend, Frankie." Dougie says, gesturing to the girl holding his hand.

"Hi I'm Lilly." I smile.

"Frankie." She smiles, grabbing my hand. Well shit. She's not a total bitch thus far.

We all go in and have a couple of shots to start the night off.

In no time, it feels like we've been at the club for too long. Tom and Gi are at the bar, Danny and Georgia are dancing like mad people, Frankie and Dougie are making out in the corner and I have no clue where Harry is.

But I know I want to get out of here.

I make my way over to Tom, and the room feels like it's spinning. I'm instantly filled with regret. Did I drink that much?

"Tom!" I yell over the loud music.

"Hey, you alright?" He asks.

"Where's Harry?"

"I don't know. Maybe with Danny?" Tom says, holding on to my arm as if I'm about to fall over any minute, which to be fair, I might.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Two."

Two in the morning already? They have press tomorrow, and if Harry is drunker than me, which he probably is, it'll be a hassle.