When Everything is Going Wrong and Things Are Just a Little Strange

December 13, 2004

Finally, the Room on the Third Floor tour was starting, and I could not have been more excited.

I took the tube to a small spot on the edge of London where we got onto the tour bus, or should I say, our new home for a while. The only time we'll get a little while off this bus until tour ends is Christmas, and that's only to Tom's demand.

I only had two cases, and most of the other people on the bus had three (or more, if we're talking about Danny).

We headed to the small auditorium where the boys would be playing tonight. They sound checked for a while, and then headed to the dressing room to hang out and eat before the show. The odd thing was, Fletch wasn't here.

I wasn't too concerned about it, until he missed sound check. I tried not to show the boys I was freaking out though.

We were all sat in the dressing room and most of the boys were calm, apart from Tom.

"This is incredible!" He yelled.

"It is pretty cool, Tom." I say, smiling.

"Pretty cool?" He asks, turning to me. "Do you know how many people are out there? I've never imagined we would attract a crowd so huge! I didn't even think I would be this big when I was in Busted. Now look at us! Soon enough, we'll be bigger than Busted!"

"Calm down, mate." Harry says.

"Sorry." Tom shrugs.

Tom had originally auditioned for a band called Busted that his good friend James was in. He made it in the band with another boy, called Charlie, but one day later they kicked him out. Fletch was at the audition and decided Tom could start his own band. Hence, McFly. Busted is now bigger than huge. Although, this was just Tom telling me the story, so it could be totally wrong. Suddenly, Danny got a call.

"Hey Fletch...where are you?" He asked. "Oh...okay." Danny reached out the phone towards me. "He wants to talk to you."

I took the phone, nervous, and answered.

"Uh...hello?" I ask.

"Lilly?" Fletch asked.

"Hi Fletch...What's-"

"Lilly, I need you to get away from the boys for a minute." He said.

"Uh...okay." I say. I take the phone down and cover it with my hand, "I'm going in the hall, I'll be back in a minute...please...behave."

"Of course." Tom says.

"No promises." Harry mumbles. I look at him and he smiles evilly. I sigh and go in the hall.

"Fletch...where are you?" I ask.

"Lilly, I'm sick. I have the flu and I can't be around the boys on the first night of their first tour. They can't be canceling shows when their careers have barely started." Fletch says.

"Alright...what can I do?" I ask. Fletch is quiet for a minute.

"Do you think you could handle them tonight...alone?" Fletch asks.

"Yeah, of course!" I say.

"Oh thank you so much Lilly you're a saint!" He says. He's making a pretty big deal over nothing.

"It's really not an issue." I say.

"All you have to do is get Mel, their makeup artist, to do their makeup and just make sure the instrument techs tuned all their instruments." He says.

"No problem." I say.

"Oh seriously, Lilly, I owe you!" He says.

"Fletch, it's really not that hard." I say.

"And just keep the boys out of trouble." He says.

"Don't worry. The show will be great, just get some rest." I say, and we both hang up.

How hard could this really be? 

//