Everybody Wants to Know Her Name

November 2, 2006

"Go, go." Dougie says, rushing me into the hotel.

"Why are there paparazzi in Bolton?" I ask.

"I don't know." Dougie says, looking out the window, to see it's mostly cleared out. "Good thing we weren't holding hands." He sighs.

I do the same, and make my way around a corner to a receptionist desk.

"Hi." I smile to the young woman at the desk. "Uh room...under Greene?" I ask.

"Room 363." She says handing me a key card. "check out is at-" She stops as her mouth falls open in shock at something behind me and I turn to see Dougie.

Shit.

"Please." I say, turning back to her. "Don't tell anyone he's here. It's a...last minute promotional thing." I say.

She nods, still shocked. I take the key card and rush Dougie into the lift.

"Promotional thing?" Dougie asks, once the doors have closed.

"Did you have something better?" I ask him. He looks up and to the corner, thinking and then looks back to me.

"Nope."

****************************

When we finally get the door open, Dougie and I stand there in shock. I thought Danny said the best hotel in Bolton?

The room was small, and dark and the walls were made out of wood. There was a tv on a wooden dresser, and a bed with dark blue bedding, and one window that looked over the the other buildings along the street with cheap, matching blue curtains over it. It was perched just over a radiator that was much too loud.

Oh, and it was freezing.

"God it's cold in here." Dougie said, placing his bag at the end of the bed, as I did the same. "Why is it so cold? The place is all wood...that's what bloody saunas are made up of."

"I don't know." I say, wrapping my arms around myself and sitting on the bed. Dougie finds his way next to me. "So much for Danny's plan." I sigh, feeling a bit guilty, although I'm not sure why.

"Well..." Dougie looks around. "We're not...home. So his plan isn't all ruined." I look at Dougie. What is he on about? "Sure," he continues, "We're stuck in a hotel room, but...we're not stuck in London. At least there's a change in atmosphere."

"I'm not disappointed Dougie." I smile, even though, I was a little. I thought this was going to be our one chance to go out to dinner and have a nice night.

"Really?" He asks skeptically and I feel my smile fade, no matter how hard I try and convince it not to.

"I bought I dress." I mumble.

"What?" He asks leaning closer to me, and I start to feel embarrassed. I sigh.

"It's just...I bought a dress. Because I though...you know...we could go out...on like...our first date." I say, slowly meeting his glance once again.

"This isn't our first date, Lilly."

"Our first proper date." I grumble.

"No." He smiles sympathetically. "It's not. Just because we don't go out and get fancy doesn't mean our dates aren't as amazing as the ones Gi and Tom go on, or Izzy or Harry. Or Danny and whatever girl he's taking out go on. In fact, I argue they're better. Cause they're only ours."

I smile a little at the floor. I was happy Dougie was happy.

"But what about dinner?" I ask.

"I already told you-"

"No I mean we're stuck here from paparazzi with no food. I'm hungry." I smile.

"I'm sure this place has food we can order." Dougie says, standing up and making his way over to the phone on the bureau that I had failed to notice before.

"Really?" I ask, raising a brow, not believing him.

"Yeah." He says. "One time the boys and I stayed in a motel that had room service." He says.

"Really? Was it good?" I ask.

"Oh no. God no, it was terrible. But I promised you food Love, not good food."

//

*************************************

Don't give up on me! I haven given up on this story! New updates soon!