Doing Just Fine

May 17, 2012

"Hey boys!" I cheer, getting into the studio today. It was the first day back after Tom's wedding, and I was glad the boys would finally have time to settle in and write their sixth album.

Speaking of which, when I walked in, they were all sat around in a circle with tons of papers spread out, pens everywhere and Tom had his laptop open.

"Writing songs?" I ask, taking my coat off.

"No." Danny says.

"Oh." I say, confused. "What are you writing?" It was clear they were writing something. "A book?" I snort.

"Yeah." Harry says in all seriousness. I instantly stop what I'm doing and look up.

"I was joking." I say quietly.

"We started on tour." Tom says. "We always wanted to put out a book but we wanted to wait till we weren't kids anymore you know? We always wanted to get our story out there though."

"I was joking." I say a little louder.

"We've written everything." Harry smiles. "Literally starting with Tom getting rejected from Busted in 2001."

"Cheers, Mate." Tom says sarcastically.

"I was joking!" I finally raise my voice.

"Well we weren't." Tom shrugs.

"Guys." I sigh, walking towards them. "You're supposed to be writing a sixth album...remember?"

"We are writing a sixth album." Danny says. "But we're also writing a book at the same time. It's called being an overachiever, Lilly. Look it up."

What is going on?

"After we publish this are we going to be able to put 'author' on our resumes? Because I bet that looks good." Dougie says. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"You don't have a resume." I say.

"I know. But I might need one some day." Dougie shrugs.

"Lilly, don't worry." Tom says. "We're still working on the album and we have our first single already planned. But come on, think about all that's happened over the past eight years you've known us. And there was a whole year before you even knew us we had crazy adventures. We want to share those stories."

It is pretty crazy.From going to Uganda, winning a Brit Award, working on a Hollywood movie (and getting too close to the star), hanging out with Elton John, recording an album in Australia and everything that happened last year...and that wasn't even half of it.

"And look at how far we've come." Harry says. "Even just in the past eighteen months. We've grown up in front of the country. We're men now. We've even got steady girlfriends and wives-"

"Wives?" Tom asks. "Slow down there, Mate. Only one of us has a wife and it only happened, like, five days ago." He laughs. But I notice Harry smiles and looks down at his lap.

"What's that about?" Danny asks, noticing too. Then, it hits me.

"Oh my god." I say. "Oh my god!" Harry smiles at me.

"What's happening?" Tom asks, and Dougie looks back and forth, confused.

"He's engaged!" I exclaim. "You're engaged?" I clarify. Harry nods.

"I'm engaged." He smiles.

"Lilly, you gotta stop doing that." Tom says.

"Wait, woah, woah, slow down." Dougie says. "This one just got married five days ago and you're already engaged?" He points to Tom.

"Yeah seriously. Let us have a minute, Mate." Tom says.

"I'm sorry." Harry says. "Just...being at the ceremony...with Izzy...it's just something I really wanted for us as soon as possible."

"So when did you ask her?" Danny asks.

"Last night." Harry laughs at himself.

"And did she say yes?" Danny asks. All three of the boys look at him.

"Well yeah, Danny. That's why I said 'we're engaged'." Harry says.

"Congrats Mush!" Danny smiles and Harry nods confused.

"Harry, that's wonderful, seriously I'm really happy for you." I say. "But...a book, another wedding...when are you guys gonna fit in album six?"

"Lilly, relax." Tom says. "We got this."

//