Can't Move On

May 7, 2014: One Direction: On the Road Again Tour; Sydney, Australia

Back in the early days of McFly, I thought the boys had a lot of money, which they did, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing in comparison to that of One Direction.

First of all, they traveled with four tour busses. One for McBusted, one for the other opening act, one for the band themselves and one for the crew.

They booked the biggest Arenas possible and most of them sold out. Tonight was not only McBusted's first night opening for them, but it was also the first night of the whole tour and Tom told me they were suspected to have over 60,000 people attend.

The busses dropped us off at the arena after we brought our things to the hotel we would be staying at in Sydney. After that, we would usually go around and tour the city, but because there were literally thousands of people camped outside, we were basically stuck inside all day.

There is literally nothing to do. The boys went to sound check and I stayed in the dressing room. I have no clue were Fletch is. Probably conversing with the One Direction manager. The show doesn't start until seven tonight and currently it's eleven in the morning.

After a while I decided to take out my laptop. I started by checking emails but sure enough, I found myself back on the website for the Baltimore Paramedic Program. There was a button at the top of the page that read: Enroll Online Now.

I brought my mouse over the button.

You probably won't get accepted anyways. No harm done, right?

And right before I could click the button, McBusted bust into the room.

They're all laughing and talking and I slam my laptop shut. I've got to stop doing that. It's bound to break one of these days.

"Lilly, come with us." Tom says, standing next to Danny.

"Why?" I ask.

"You've gotta meet One Direction."

*************************************

We swerved through the narrow white hallways backstage until we came to a set of double doors. Tom knocked, and I looked over at Danny who looked excited, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Come in!" Someone called from beyond the door.

Tom pushed the doors open and we were entered into a dressing room, much bigger than the McBusted one and with many more people inside. There were people picking out outfits, steaming outfits, arranging makeup tables, setting out food and holding clipboards.

"Oi Lads!" A scrawny boy with scruffy brown hair and a bit of a beard walks up, smiling. "Is this your manager you were talking about?"

"Yup." Danny says. "This is Lilly."

"Hi Lilly." The boy extends a hand out to me. I shake it. "I'm Louis."

"Hi Louis. Nice to meet you." I say.

"Here, we'll get the other boys." He says, leading me around the many obstacles in the room. "Payno?" He calls out.

Another boy with brown hair and a beard. This one's face is softer looking and he has warm brown eyes.

"Liam!" Louis exclaims. "This is Lilly. She's the manager for McBusted."

"Ahhh." Liam nods, smiling. "Hi Lilly, I'm Liam. But Louis told you that." I shake his hand as well.

"Good to meet you." I smile.

"Have you met the whole group?" Liam asks.

"Oh, no. Just you and Louis." I say, motion towards him.