When it Gets to Sunrise

Thank you to mcflyvideos for all the help and support with this chapter. I'm not sure if it is 100% accurate, but if not, please look over the flaws as best you can.

Check her out, she's got some brilliant works. My personal favorite is "You're Lying".

Enjoy!

******************************************************************

December 17, 2005

As December went on, I realized many things. The most important thing I realized was that I am an adult.

Many people revel in their childhood years, hoping to never become an adult. To spend their life playing with toys and finding worries few and far between. But I am not like this. I have been waiting so long to be an adult. Because I have spent all my childhood living as an adult.

And that, is one of the most dangerous things a person can do.

I had problems, and as an adult, they were mine and no one else's, if I wanted them to be. The home I had was mine, and no one could throw me out. I paid the bills, I made dinner, I made choices, and if I made them wrong, no one could do anything, like throw me in an orphanage.

And that felt pretty damn good.

Dougie had discovered his new found adulthood by getting his license, and I had found my own.

I made my way to the band house that night to see all the boys sitting around watching MTV.

"Hi boys." I smile, walking into the living room.

"Hey Lilly. What are you doing here?" Harry asked, pausing the TV.

"I have something to say, and I thought, who better to tell it to than my best friends?" I smile. Danny scoots over and pats the seat next to him. I sit and look at the boys.

"I'm going back to school." I smile.

"What?" Tom asks.

"I spoke to a local university and told them my situation and how I wanted to go back to school. They're giving me a chance to try out a new online program for general subjects. It's two years long, not counting summers and I even get to go to the proper graduation!" I say.

"Look at that boys. Our Lilly is getting sent off into the big-bad world." Tom says.

"May it treat her well." Harry smiles.

"Here here!" Danny says, raising his beer, and the other boys do too.

"Stay the night Lil. We'll watch films and eat pizza to celebrate." Tom smiles, and I couldn't think of anything better.

*******************************************

After two pizzas, six movies and a beer, The boys and I head to bed.

Dougie, Harry, Danny and I brush our teeth together and part our ways to our rooms. Harry and Danny head one way, while Dougie and I head the other.

"Well...good night Doug." I say, crossing my arms and standing in front of the guest room door.

"Lilly...I meant to ask...I know we're doing the same thing this Christmas as we did last Christmas."

"Yeah." I smile.

"But I was wondering...if you wanted to come home with me on Christmas Eve, my mom always said that, well, Christmas eve is just as important as Christmas day. You don't have to, I just...it's only going to be and my sister and my mom...I figured...you know...it's less people than at the Fletcher's, and Essex isn't as far as Bolton, and I just figured...you don't want to spend the whole day with Harry." He says and I laugh. "And I just...I don't want you to be alone on Christmas Eve."