Better Late than Never

Happy birthday to my amazing friend Lily (mcflyvideos ). She is sooo talented and you should all be following her. She has helped me so much with this story and been so supportive so go give her lots of love! I obviously had to make a Tom Fletcher edit for her which you can watch above.

Some background information on the edit, because I guess a lot of people have never seen Love Actually (it's an amazing movie. Please watch it.), Kiera knightly gets married and her husband's best friend is in love with her. She basically finds out because he took videos at their wedding and she watches them and they're all only of her. Not gonna give the rest away, but maybe look it up on YouTube (love actually wedding video scene. It's the first one that comes up.) to get a bit of background on it.

Happy birthday again Lily! Love you!

P.s. Lilly in Wonderland was not actually named after Lily (mcflyvideos ) it was just a funny coincidence (which you can probably tell because Lilly in Wonderland's real name is Lillian) but she is totally to honor her.
**************************************************

March 12, 2006

"Dougie!" I call, leaning over the banister of the staircase from upstairs.

"Lilly!" Dougie said in a mocking tone before he appeared at the bottom of the stairs with a beer in his hand. He smiled. "Hello, Darling." I smile back at him.

"Pre-party drink?" I ask.

"You know it."

"Do we have any wrapping paper? I'm wrapping Danny's gift." I say.

"Not sure. I think I put some in the closet up there when we moved in." He said, taking a sip of the bottle he held.

"Thanks." I say, before quickly going to the closet.

I opened the door and turned on the light in the cramped closet. I couldn't find any wrapping paper, but when I looked up, I saw a box that had Dougie's scribbly handwriting on it. It read L's nightstand.

I don't remember seeing the box when we arrived, so I assume Dougie had put it out of his way when he was unpacking and had forgotten about it.

I took the box down and brought it to our bedroom, where I placed it on the white comforter.

It was weird. I didn't remember keeping anything in my nightstand. Ever.

I opened the box and the first thing I pulled out was an old picture frame that had flowers around the borders.

It framed a black and white photo of a little girl smiling with a cake in front of her. The white spaces had gone yellowish with age. I took the back off the photo and noticed the old fashioned calligraphy that adorned the back reading, Sadie's fourth birthday, 1961.

"Mum." I said out loud. It came out sounding like more of a question, even though I was absolutely certain it was my mum.

I searched through the rest of the box. It was all my grandmother's things. I hadn't ever gotten a proper goodbye from my gran, so I searched desperately. Disheveling the box, I laid the books, photo albums and family video tapes on the bed. But that was it. Nothing else.

I sighed to myself, extremely upset. I didn't want to ruin the night for Danny with my melancholy attitude, but I didn't know how I could smile, being let down so bad.