I Should Have Known Much Better

Enjoy this edit I made!^

****************************************************

March 8, 2007

Now that tour was over, and the boys did fantastic at Wembley, James and I were finally getting propperly caught up over breakfast. We were at this café he recommended and I had made sure to ask him about himself before I spoke about Dougie and I, or any of the boys for that matter.

"America was...amazing." James starts, leaning back in his chair. "New York is one of the best places I've ever been. It's inviting and infectious-"

"Infectious?" I ask, disgusted. James laughs.

"With creativity." James says.

"I've never heard of creativity being described like a disease." I say, and James laughs again.

"I read more than I ever have, and played more music...wrote more music." He says.

"Will you ever do anything with it? The music, I mean?"

"I already have. Sold lots of songs to lots of people." He says. "That's how I afford an apartment in New York." I look at him confused. "Apartments in New York are a lot of money and selling songs is a great form of income." He answers my question, thankfully.

"Would you keep any music for yourself?" I ask. James shrugs.

"I haven't got anyone to play it with." He says.

"Well...have you spoken to Charlie?" I ask timidly.

"Yes. I have." James says, not upset, but more seriously.

"And?"

"I've forgiven him." He says.

"You have?" I question. How could James forgive him so fast? Especially after Charlie just blinded James in public the way he did.

"What about Matt?" 

"What about Matt?" James repeats.

"Has he spoken to Charlie?" I ask. Matt seemed happier than ever last I saw him, so it's very possible...

"No. And in all honesty, I don't think Matt will ever speak to Charlie again." James says.

"How could he spend so much time with Charlie and just completely block him out of his life like that?" I ask.

"Because. I've told you, Lilly. Charlie, Matt and I are not like the McFly boys. I told Tom when they first started and Busted was getting to a bad place that they needed to stick together. They did." 

"Isn't that the truth." I say.

"Enough depressing band talk. We're here to get away from work. Anything happening in your life?" He asks.

I'm sure James doesn't still have feelings for me...

Still...it's awkward...

"Actually...yes." I say.

"Well I'm glad you and Dougie are happy." He says.

Wait, what?

"Did Dougie tell you?" I ask him.

"What?" He asks, confused.

"That we're together?"

"Oh you're serious?" He asks.

"Well...yeah." I say. James leans forward.

"I mean I always thought you guys would be good together but...I was just joking." He laughs. "I just can't imagine Fletch allowing that."