So Predictable

January 12, 2006

"Danny...Darling," I say, gritting my teeth. "If you didn't tell Harry, Tom and Fletch that Dougie and I were together then why didn't you tell us!" I end up yelling at him.

Danny had pulled Dougie and I outside before I could admit our secret, probably confusing the party inside even more.

"Because!" Danny said, looking upset. "I was mad at you guys for not telling us! Plus I figured you wouldn't go out of your way to expose yourself to them!" He looks in my direction. I sigh.

"And why are you moving out of the band house?" I whine, shifting my sight at Dougie. "What's wrong with the band house?"

"Nothing!" Dougie says, defensively. "But Tom and Gi found a house, Harry and I liked the houses next door, and Danny found a great flat down the road. We're all within five minutes of each other."

"I don't understand why you have to leave." I say.

"Well come on Lil. We're not going to live here forever." Danny says.

They were right. And as much as I wanted to keep the band house for the fear of losing the memories it contained, I needed to store those memories in the back of my mind.

I sigh again and look up at Danny.

"Are you going to tell on us?" I ask. Danny sighs.

"I want to." He says. "But how could I do that to my best mates?"

I let out a breath that I had been holding since last night, and hug Danny.

"Have I dug a hole too deep to get myself out of?" I ask, pulling away from our hug.

"You're pretty far down." Danny says, shaking his head. "But I can still see the bottom."

********************************

"So...what just happened?" Harry asked as I walked back in.

"I freaked out over you all leaving the band house. Sorry." I say.

"But what about when you said-" Tom began.

"I said sorry Tom." I say quickly.

"Alright then." Fletch says, getting up from his seat. "Oh Lilly! Before I forget, I had to get a new phone number." He sticks out a piece of paper and I take it from him.

"Thanks Fletch." I say. Fletch leaves, and the boys and I all take a seat, sitting in confused, but not awkward silence.

"How was your weekend?" Tom finally asks.

And just for a moment, I feel my heart rate quicken at the thought of Danny having second thoughts and exposing Dougie and I to Tom. He could. He had all the power to do so.

"It was nice." Danny replies.

But of course, Danny Jones would never do such a thing.

*************************************************************************

"I feel so relieved!" Dougie says, flopping down on the couch of my flat. I make my way to the kitchen, where I pin Fletch's new number to the fridge before I started making tea.

"Tea Doug?" I ask.

"Ok. Thank you." He says and I smile.

Never had I thought that almost two years ago I would be here. With a boyfriend, a real (hot) boyfriend who was in a band.

A successful band.

But Dougie being my boyfriend wasn't the thing that would have baffled me. Even him being in a band wouldn't have baffled me. What would have baffled me was that I actually had found someone to love me. I am not unlovable, but not too long ago people seemed few and far between for me.

But yeah, it's pretty cool that he's in a band, too.

//

A/N: Technically after the boys moved out of the band house, they moved to a big flat called "Princess Park manor" which is where Busted lived when they were a band. However, the boys only lived there for a couple of weeks before moving to there own houses and making Princess Park a recording studio, so I'm not adding them moving in there to the story because it seems unnecessary to the already very long story.

Please vote and comment and enjoy!!!!