I'm Looking At You From Another Point of View

June 1, 2005

Things were really kicking off with the boys promoting their second album. They've been doing a lot of press on shows like TMI, Top of the Pops and CD:UK. They've also been in the studio a lot perfecting the finishing touches. At this point, the album was predicted to be out by fall.

Today was a Friday, and the first time I was supposed to pick the movie at Friday night film night since Liam told me I had to be home by ten. It was annoying, but he was my boyfriend and I had to respect him.

The boys and I had been in the studio all day and I had been anxious to tell them I wasn't coming tonight. What's the point? I never even stay long enough to start the movie, so why bother picking one out?

I had been making up excuses for leaving early, like that I was tired, or feeling ill, or that I had to be up early. Something like that.

At 5:00, the boys started packing up their instruments when Harry turned to me.

" We'll see you in two hours then, Lil?" He asked.

"What film have you picked?" Danny asks.

"I actually can't make it tonight." I say.

"What?!" Tom asks, mortified. Oh no.

"I've got a busy day tomorrow and-"

"That's such a lie." Harry cuts me off. "Why have you been leaving early anyways?"

"I've just got things to do." I say.

"What things?" Harry asks. I look at Dougie, but his face shows he isn't offering any help this time.

"Paperwork." I say.

"Bull shit." Harry says.

"Yeah...why have you been leaving early?" Tom asks. Saying it's because Liam wants me home by ten makes him sound bossy...but maybe if I explain, they'll understand.

"Liam wants me home earlier."

"What?" Tom asks.

"It's not what it sounds like." I say. "You guys are the biggest teenage heart throbs in UK. He's concerned. He just wants the best."

"For who?" Dougie asks.

"Us." I reply.

"No way are you not coming." Harry says.

"Yeah. It's your night to choose the film." Danny offers. They are right. I've not stayed after ten for over a month now. Surely Liam understands good behavior must be rewarded...

"You're right. I'm positive Liam won't mind one night." I say.

"That's the spirit!" Tom laughs. "So what film?"

"Back To The Future." I laugh.

*************************************************************

I leave a note on my counter telling Liam that I've made him dinner in the fridge and that I'm going to be a little late home tonight. I figure if we put the film in by ten I can be home by midnight.

And sure enough, we manage to play the film at nine thirty. Things were going to plan.

Danny sat with his arm slung around me and the other boys were spread out around the other part of the couch and the floor. The only light in the whole house was that coming from the TV.

At eleven the film was almost done, as we had paused it at some points for bathroom breaks, pizza breaks, or the one time Danny made me get him water.

And just as we were coming up to the end, Tom paused the film.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Someone's outside." He says, as we all turn our direction out the window. The headlights of a car burn through the window. But I get a quick glimpse through the light and I recognize the car.

"Liam?" I ask to no one in particular, getting up and walking onto the porch with the boys following close behind me.

Liam rolls down his window, not bothering to get out of the car and yells to me.

"Lilly! I told you to be home by ten!" He yells.

"I left you a note to tell you-"

"I don't care! Get in the car we're going home." He says.

"But-"

"Get in!" He yells. I sigh and walk towards the car when I feel someone's arm grab my elbow. I turn to see Danny.

"I don't like how this guy is acting, Lilly." He says in a whisper.

"What? Danny that's crazy." I say.

"Get back inside." He says.

"Danny no, I'm fine." I say.

"I know you are, but he's not. Get back in the house. You can stay here for the night." He says. This is the first time I've seen Danny without a smile since he hit his nose on the door back on the day of the first show.

"Danny. I'm an adult. I can handle it. I'll be fine." I say, looking at him, straight in the eyes.

"Call me. Or one of us. When you get home." He says. I nod and turn to get in the car.

*************************************************************************************

Liam gave me a rollicking on the way home, and we argued when we got in my flat, but I eventually apologized after he reminded me that me not staying out after ten was my only restriction.

When I woke up, it was ten in the morning. I figured the boys would be fine in the studio alone one day. It's not like I do much other than book TV premieres and interviews anyways.

Liam left me a note on the counter saying he went to his uni classes but would be back for dinner. I started by making myself a cup of coffee as I daydreamed about what I would make for dinner tonight.

But as I was daydreaming, I heard the door open. Did Liam not lock it? I turned around to see Danny, standing in the doorway with Dougie's spare key in his hand.

And then I remember I didn't call him.

"Oh my god." He says. At first I think he is going to yell at me, but before I can think, he's engulfed me in a tight hug.

//