I Guess That's What They Call Growing Up

November 22, 2009

Writing had continued after Jason had been booted (which I still slightly resented) but luck was not on McFly's side for album five, unfortunately.

Tom, Danny and Dougie were heading off to Atlanta tomorrow to meet with Dallas Austin, and hopefully finish some more songs. As of now, they only had about five finished songs.

Harry was not going to Atlanta because he didn't do that much writing, which was fine. I was hoping he could get into the studio, just for a little practice while the other three were away, but we'll see how that works out. The odds don't really seem to be in my favour on that one, though.

I had been round all the boy's houses to help them pack, and remind them this wasn't a vacation. This was the first trip they'd taken for work without Fletch or I to accompany them, and I was worried without us, there would be no limitations.

I lied to myself. I told myself they probably wouldn't party at all, but from what they told me about Dallas, it wasn't likely. Still, it never hurt anyone to try and be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I had finally made it back to mine, and just as I get settled, there's a knock at my door.

I was tempted to just say 'come in', but Fletch had told me horror stories of fans somehow finding his house and getting in. He told me never to say that.

So, like the trooper I was, I answered the door. It was only Harry.

"Hi Harry." I say. But he doesn't answer, and I notice that his face is very red. He's covering part of his face with his hands and he's...

"Are you crying?" I ask in disbelief. I'd seen all the boys cry except Harry. Harry Judd didn't cry. Or, so I thought. All he can do is nod, and I quickly pull him into my house.

Okay, this is bad. Really bad. Like someone died, bad. Nothing could have happened to the boys. I was just round all their houses! Then again, it didn't take long for them to cause ruckus.

"What's happened?" I ask, leading him to sit in the living room. All he can do is shake his head, and I know it's because he's afraid of the tears in his eyes spilling over. "Harry. Talk to me. I'm worried."

"Izzy-" Is all he can muster, and my heart races faster than ever.

"What's happened?" I ask urgently.

"She...we..." He starts, covering his face. I pull his hands away.

"Harry, speak." I say. "Spit it out."

"She broke up with me." He starts to cry.

I know this is awful, but I can't help but feel a little relieved. From the way he's acting, I thought she was dead!

"Oh Harry." I say, snapping out of it and quickly wrapping my arms around him.

"I...I just-" He started. "It's just hard. With McFly, and Escala and all." I couldn't imagine it was easy. I know when I was with Dougie it was hard due to his schedule for the band, and I worked with him. I can't even imagine Harry's schedule as a famous drummer with Izzy's schedule as a famous violinist and trying to make their relationship work.

"I mean...did she move out?" I ask. I probably shouldn't ask as he's in such a vulnerable state, but if he needs somewhere to stay, he could stay here.

"Well...no." He says, wiping his face, and I do too, like an overprotective mother would after her child falls off the slide. "She said she needed a break. She's gone home for a week."

"Harry!" I exclaim. "That's not her breaking up with you."

"Break. Breaking up...what's the difference?" He says, a bit annoyed.

"There's a big difference." I say.

"Well either way, my heart is broken." He says. "Oh look! Another break!"

"Harry." I start. "You still have a chance! You need to have a long conversation with her about how clearly this relationship is more important than anything to you."

"Now?" He asks, leaping up from the couch.

"No, not now." I say, pulling him back down. "Tomorrow, call her. Tell her whenever she wants to come home you want to talk to her. Because you love her and-"

"She's the most important thing to me?"

"On the nose, Judd." I smile. He sighs, looking down. "Oh come on. People go on breaks all the time and get back together. Think about Ross and Rachel!"

"Lilly are you trying to compare my relationship to that of a sitcom?" He asks.

"Uh...yes?" I say, sounding like a question. "It could happen! It will happen, Harry. Everything will work out. Maybe you need a week to cool down too."

"Without Izzy...and without the boys, what will I do to keep my mind off the fact that my heart has been ripped out of my chest and torn in two?" He asks dramatically. Classic Harry. I lean back and open my arms.

"You got your good pal Lilly to take care of that." I smile.

//