Results in a Monstrosity

QOTC: What's your favorite Busted song?

AOTC: Sleeping with the Light on and Air Hostess.

*****************************************************************************

January 27, 2005

"Lilly! We're going to be late!" I hear Harry yell from downstairs. "Even Danny's on time."

"I'm coming!" I yell. I know I put that lip gloss somewhere...

It's pretty hard to be mad at the boys for not telling you you were going to the BRIT Awards, when you're going to the Brit Awards.

"Gotcha!" I say, to myself, grabbing the lip gloss and heading down to Fletch's car. I hopped in the passenger's seat.

"Finally." Harry says.

"Sorry." I say.

"It's fine Lilly, we'll still be early. Harry's just a bit nervous." Tom says.

"Am not!" Harry complains. I look in the rearview mirror to see him and Dougie sitting next to each other in the very back seat of Fletch's car. "Harry Judd doesn't get nervous."

"Until the BRIT Awards." Tom adds, which causes Dougie, Tom and Danny to laugh.

"Boys, I know this is exciting, but this is a professional awards ceremony." Fletch says. I turn to face them.

"And whatever happens, you're winners to us." I smile.

"Oh, gross!" Harry says. Dougie hits him on the shoulder.

"What Harry meant to say, was thank you, Lilly." Tom smiles.

The boys were nominated for 'best pop act', which Fletch told me was a huge deal, especially this early in their careers. We reach the venue soon, and the boys and I get out of the car. We get seated to our table, where an older man is already sitting.

"Lilly, this is Richard, the boys producer." Fletch says. Richard stands up and shakes my hand.

"Hi, I'm Lilly." I smile.

"Richard. I've heard you've been whipping the lads into shape?" Richard smiles.

"Well," I say, looking at the boys. "I've been trying to." Richard laughs, and we all take our seats. I sit next to Danny, who is next to Dougie, who is next to Harry who is next to Tom, who is next to Richard, who is next to Fletch who is next to me. Woah.

We sit and make banter, have drinks and eat while other categories are being announced. The boys only show real enthusiasm when there is a live performance by Green Day. I notice the boys, who usually scarf down all the food in their path have barely touched their meal. I smile, knowing why.

"What's wrong boys? Not Hungry?" I ask, trying to suppress my smile. They're adorable. Danny shrugs.

"We had pizza before we came." He says, and the other boys nod.

"Oh, okay." I say, picking up the champagne in front of me and taking a sip.

"And now, please let us welcome Jodie Kidd to announce best pop act." The announcer says.

"Oh I'm nervous! Danny says, taking his hands out from under the table. "Me hands are shaking!" I grab one of his hands and hold it tightly.

"Thank you." Jodie Kidd says as she enters the stage. She talks a bit about how great all the nominees are and how it's great to be at the BRITS, blah blah blah. "Let's have a look at the nominees."

On a huge screen in front of the whole audience, the Obviously music video comes on and an announcer voice announces McFly. Everyone begins to cheer. I look at Danny, who smiles at me. The other candidates were Girls Aloud, Avril Lavigne, Natasha Bedingfield and Westlife.

"And the award goes to." Jodie pauses and opens the envelope.

Please, please let it be them.

"McFly."

Everyone at our table shoots up and begins screaming. Fletch opens a bottle of champagne and soaks Tom. The boys, still screaming head up to the stage. I sit down with Fletch and Richard and notice I'm shaking from excitement. Jodie hands Harry the award and a mic, as he and all the other boys hug her.

"Oh my god." Harry says into the microphone, and the cheers begin to die down. "Give me a minute." He shows the audience his shaky hands. "We have so many people to thank, I mean we've just got an amazing team." He hands the microphone to Tom, who is clearly more capable of speaking in this situation.

"We just want to thank our incredible team. Richard, Lilly, and Fletch, who just soaked me in champagne!" Tom laughs. "Thank you to the people at BBC for playing our music, and for everyone who voted. This means so much." I see Tom begin to get teary eyed, and they head off stage.

"Lilly?" Fletch smiles. "Are you...crying?"

"No." I say, whipping my eyes, unaware of the tears. "I think there are onions in this dinner dish." Fletch laughs at me.

A couple of minutes later the boys rush to the table, minus Dougie, and put the Brit award on the table. I stand up to hug them, but Tom grabs my hand.

"No time for that!" He says, and drags me through the halls of the venue.

"Where are we going?" I ask out of breath. They don't answer. Before long, we're back stage, and I see a ton of famous people. "Woah." I breath. "Wait, where's Dougie?" Harry points his hand over towards Dougie talking to Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day. I laugh and we walk over.

"Hey, is this one of your girls?" Billie asks.

"No, this is our manager, Lilly." Tom says.

"Nice to meet you Lilly. I'm Billie." He says. I'm shocked. I shake his hand.

"I know." I laugh, and he does to.

"Well, you all are great. I say we celebrate." Billie says.

"How?" Danny asks. Billie looks around, and walks over to a catering table. We all follow him, as he grabs a bottle of champagne.

"Little guy, kneel down." He says to Dougie. Dougie, immediately kneels down and the other guys look at each other, not knowing what's going on.

Billie pops the champagne open, and begins to pour it down Dougie's throat.

"Me next!" Danny calls. And I stand there, shocked as Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day pours champagne down McFly's gullets at the 2005 BRIT Awards.

Crazy.

//

Fun Fact: All events in this chapter are true, other than the date (The real date the 2005 BRITs were held on was February 9th, but you gotta do what you gotta do) and the boys thanking Lilly, cause she obviously is not real. The boys did win best pop act at the 2005 BRITs, the people I listed where really who they were against, and yes, Billie Joe Armstrong did really pour champagne into their mouths.