Said I'd Die For You, and I Would

I highly recommend you watch the video above to enhance your reading experience^^^

Enjoy!

*********************************************************

September 19, 2005

Tonight was the first show of the Wonderland tour, and I was hoping it would go better than the first night of the Room on the Third Floor tour.

I was relieved that we wouldn't be going on the tour bus until next week because the first few gigs were all over London.

The boys were jumping around all day and downing beers like nobody's business. I was relieved when it was finally time for Fletch to pick us all up from the band house.

Dougie had not said a word all day. He was clearly nervous for his song, but I figure once we got to the venue, he would be fine. That's how it usually goes with the boys.

But I was wrong. While the other boys were jumping around and having fun, skateboarding around the halls backstage and singing songs, Dougie sat on a couch in the dressing room and did nothing else.

I felt bad, really. It pained me to see him so nervous. I slipped away from the other boys for a minute about an hour before they went onstage to see Dougie.

"Come on Doug. It'll all be alright." I say. He doesn't reply. "Once you do it tonight, you'll never be nervous to sing again."

But again, he doesn't answer. He doesn't even look over at me. I sigh.

"Do you really think they're all going to boo you?" I ask.

"No." He says plainly.

"Then why are you so nervous?" I ask. He looks over at me.

"I don't know." He says.

*********************************************************************************

The boys made their way onstage, and my ear drums burst as the screams of young girls filled the large auditorium. I thought the last tour was loud, but it was nothing in comparison to this.

The props that the boys had requested were absolutely crazy, and the spiral backdrop made everything so much more insane.

The boys made it through about half the show before Danny, Dougie and Harry came and greeted me on the side of the stage, while Tom played She Falls Asleep.

All the boys were dripping in sweat, including Tom, who was not off stage, but multiplied times one thousand on the giant projectors to either side of the stage.

Silence is A Scary Sound was next, and I could see Dougie getting more nervous by the second.

"Lilly, I can't do it." Dougie said, as soon as he came off stage, while Danny and Harry messed about a bit farther away.

I didn't know what to say to Dougie, because I couldn't relate. I had never, and would never play to thousands of people. I couldn't tell him what it was like. All I could do, was be there.

So I did. I grabbed his hand and held it tight and didn't let go until he had to go back onstage.

Dougie walked slower than Harry and Danny when entering back onstage, and I wanted to run up and hug him, but I couldn't. I did feel a little better, however, when I saw Harry drape and arm around Dougie.

I quickly ran around the side of the stage so that I wasn't on Tom's side, but I was on Dougie's, and I stood as close to the stage as I could without the crowd seeing me.